Jodie/joflake ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jodie/joflake ???

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultJodie/joflake ???

Has anyone heard from Jodie? I am worried about her. Since she lost Libby, I PM'd her days ago and no response. She hasn't responded here either....
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

I've been thinking of her too since she let us know about Libby. I know she is absolutely heartbroken. She will be back when she feels like chatting, but it's always nice to reach out & let her know she's in our thoughts!

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I also have been worried about her. I do remember the first few days/weeks after losing Ozzy and not feeling much like talking. I am sure she will be back, in the mean time she remains in my thoughts and prayers.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Thank you guys for thinking of me. I'm here, I've been on a couple times to make sure everybody's okay. It's been a rough week. Sophiesmama, I did answer your pm, wonder what happened? I'll go check.

I've been going through the motions at work, hiding in my office. I was going to take a couple days off, but couldn't bear the thought of being home all day without her. It's easier to be busy at work. It's very hard to go home at night and not have her run to meet me at the door. All of these little things just break my heart all over again. Poor Willy has been looking for her, I've been taking him for lots of walks to see the other dogs in the neighborhood. He just doesn't understand. I know I will get through this, it's just so hard.

One of my friends told me something that made me feel a little better. I'll share it with you. She said:

"Just keep her there in your mind and talk to her. She will always be near you. I feel that animals are special guides in our lives. You don't ever have to say goodbye."

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I am glad to see you checking in Jodie. I vividly remember those days just after losing Ozzy, it seemed everything I did had a connection to him and each little thing would break my heart all over again. Emma was the same as your Willy, looking for Ozzy and so very sad, it was such a hard thing to watch. What your friend said to you is wonderful advice and exactly what helped me. Time does help soften the edges of the intense, "take your breath away pain" but you will miss sweet Libby for the rest of your life. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers during this sad time. ((((hugs))))
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Hugs Jodie!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Oh no! I didn't know she lost Libby.

Samson is offline Senior Member

"Just keep her there in your mind and talk to her. She will always be near you. I feel that animals are special guides in our lives. You don't ever have to say goodbye."

Gulp....

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post

Gulp....
    For sure...

I still miss my Forrest so much. Finn and Poopy are nice, but they aren't Forrest. It still hurts so bad.
    Home of:

Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
    Poopy-Toby-JRT 2004-
    Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
    And 30-some Miniature Horses...

www.fieldofdreamsminihorses.com

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown

kassabella is offline Senior Member

It is easier to keep busy during those early hard days.

Quote Originally Posted by joflake View Post
    I love that.

I think they are near us.
    When I said goodbye to Kassy someone on here told me something similar and to listen for her. At the time I thought "What are they smoking". A few nights later I heard her tags rattle as they did ever night when she came into the room and asked if she could get on the bed. I said "ok..come on then" before realising she wasn't here.
    I didn't say anything to the family at first,then a few days later told Garry. He said Cory and he heard it too.

Keep her close to you and treasure the fun memories.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast