Mendota Durasoft collars?...

Thread: Mendota Durasoft collars?...

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultMendota Durasoft collars?...

A couple of years ago I bought Caleb a Remington waterproof collar for swimming. I'm not especially crazy about it because it only has the center ring and a thin "keeper" ring for the tail of the collar to slip through. Not additional D ring to snap a leash to. This summer I noticed the color is fading, too. I've been wanting to replace it with a Mendota Durasoft Hunt collar ( Synthetic Collars ) pretty much since I bought it. I know a couple of people here have them. So, my question is, do they fade?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
    A couple of years ago I bought Caleb a Remington waterproof collar for swimming. I'm not especially crazy about it because it only has the center ring and a thin "keeper" ring for the tail of the collar to slip through. Not additional D ring to snap a leash to. This summer I noticed the color is fading, too. I've been wanting to replace it with a Mendota Durasoft Hunt collar ( Synthetic Collars ) pretty much since I bought it. I know a couple of people here have them. So, my question is, do they fade?
    All three of mine have worn that very collar since puppy days. Best collar I've ever found and they will outlast the dawg.

1 in. Mendota DuraSoft Brown Hunt Dog Center-Ring Dog Collar . $13.95 (Save $5.04)

Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

Thanks, Jim! That's the place I'm planning on getting it from. Funny, when I first decided to get a synthetic collar, I really wanted something like yours that looked like real leather. Now that I've seen the blaze orange on Caleb, I can't decide if I want that or the brown. LOL I'll probably go with the brown, tho- all the leashes I use on a regular basis are either brown, or brown & grean braided leather.
    Last edited by MicksMom; 09-10-2012 at 09:13 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

A lot of people that compete in dock diving use them as they do really well with being wet all the time while still giving you the "leather" look.

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
    Thanks, Jim! That's the place I'm planning on getting it from. Funny, when I first decided to get a synthetic collar, I really wanted something like yours that looked like real leather. Now that I've seen the blaze orange on Caleb, I can't decide if I want that or the brown. LOL I'll probably go with the brown, tho- all the leashes I use on a regular basis are either brown, or brown & grean braided leather.
    You're more than welcome.

Maybe you weren't aware of it but they also offer matching Mendota leashes in varying lengths, styles and colors. Go shop, Girl!

Dog Supplies Search

Last edited by Cappy_TX; 09-10-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy_TX View Post
    ...Maybe you weren't aware of it but they also offer matching Mendota leashes in varying lengths, styles and colors. Go shop, Girl!

LOL Believe me, the last thing I need is another lead! I have 3 ASATs (All Season, All Terrain) 2 six foot (one black, one coyote brown/tan), 1 twelve foot (black), a 6 foot brown & green braided leather, a matching 3 foot, a 6 foot green leather and a 5 foot brown leather service dod lead. And those are just the ones that get used regularly (walks, shopping, training, trials, nosework). There's also the 6 foot black cotton one Caleb used to drag around the yard, a 15 ft black cotton, a 6 ft soy, a 3 foot shoe string width leather, a 6 ft shoe string width leather, a couple of flexis and a 5 ft one made from boat rope for dragging at the resevior (dogs must be on lead there) hanging around. But I am off to get a collar!