Just Labradors banner

Cat's repellent

577 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mitziandjudysmom 
#1 · (Edited)
Every morning at 06:00'am I'm taking Cassie out for pee. As soon as I open the kitchen door we are having a race for about 16 yards to a specific spot that a cat comes and drops his poop. Cassie is sniffing hard to find it and she does and eats eats them. This morning while she was sniffing hard to find the poo I grabbed her from the top of her neck and pulled her away from the poop. When I grabbed her she was very aggressive and she bitten me on my arm. I didn't hit her, I just said "NO" loud!

I found on a local store a Dog & Cat repellent. The composition of it is:
Methyl NoNyl Ketone 1.76% β/β
Substances: 98.24% β/β

I have sent the composition to my vet to tell me if this is any kibd of dangerous for Cassie. Does anyone know anything about this?
I found this about Methyl NoNyl Ketone

The other question I have is about Cassie attitude when I grabbed her. How to handle a situation like that? I have tried to pull her away from cat's poop and she bitten me. How to show her that I am the pack leader in a situation like this? I don't want her to be dominant. I have the last word, not her.

Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
If either of mine had bitten me to gain possession of anything, they would find themselves on their back - their head held on the floor. As I have never experienced this problem before I would wait for advice from somebody who has, If it was a bite and not play then it shouldn't be taken lightly !

Reading your post again, she may have been reacting to pain if you grabbed her neck ?

#3 · (Edited)
Reading your post again, she may have been reacting to pain if you grabbed her neck ?
No, I have grabbed her gently and pulled her away. And the bite was not a play. She was really aggressive, she barked at me and bitten me on my arm. I didn't want to hit her, I don't like hitting her because she's still growing and she has pain on the legs sometimes and I don't want to cause her a problem with her joints or bones. Plus I don't want to ruin the good relation we have. I don't want her to be afraid of me. I'm just looking for another approach dealing with dominance issues.

#4 ·
This is not good.

The closest i can come to this is my Spaniel growled and showed teeth at my wife Ginny, i grabbed him firmly round his muzzle and told him with gritted teeth NO BITE BAD BOY. Ginny just marching up to him and having ago just ended up freaking him out so i had to educate Ginny on how to approach him when she it about to correct his behaviour. There were no problems after that, Marley was a different dog to Cassie and with out seeing you both together it's hard to advise anything.

I'm sure there will be others that will give you advise that will work well for Cassie, i hope it's just a phase she's going through, lots of patience and work is needed.

I know you love cassie so much and i'm sure you will get through this

#5 ·
If this cat poops in the same place each day. I would go out ahead of the dog and pick it up. If the aggression only comes about with the poop issue, it will not happen anymore. Try using a quirt bottle with water in it to startle her into stopping her behavior rather than pulling on her. Even though these dogs love water, they don;t like a quick squirt in the face.

#7 ·
If either of mine had bitten me to gain possession of anything, they would find themselves on their back - their head held on the floor. As I have never experienced this problem before I would wait for advice from somebody who has, If it was a bite and not play then it shouldn't be taken lightly !
That's exactly what I did to Judy when she was about a year old. She bit my face when I walked over to the window to see what she was barking at. She was on the floor instantly with me yelling in her face in a loud evil voice she never heard before. She is 10 now and never tried that again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.