Believe it or not, Vermont turned 1 y/o today. I still canīt believe how fast time goes by. He was 3 m/o when I took him home.
He went from this little fluff ball with pointy ears:
To this large fluff ball capable of "carpeting" my hardwood floors during shedding season
Itīs been quite an experience learning to live with a Collie... unfortunately there arenīt any Collie forums to find help with them. they are certainly no Labradors or Lab like in temperament...
During this year, Iīve learned the following Collie "traits and antiques"
1. Easiest puppy to housebreak, like Homer.
2. Doesnīt matter how much you brush them... tangles magically appear from time to time
3. They are not Lassie... my teenager is a bit dumb LOL. Seriously, the Labs are way smarter than him
4. Hearding yellow Labs is fun
5. Running away from a "full speed, tail docked, turbocharged yellow Labrador girl" whenever she decides to play "Lab style"
6. He gets along incredibly well with Misha and Homer
7. He LOVES everyone else more than he loves me. Collies are not "one-person" dogs
8. Collie is synonimous to "sensible soul". They are such little girls when it comes to corrections
9. Collies are very agile and fast, he can jump and run like a horse... but heīs scared of climbing ONE step of my stairs...
10. Collies donīt eat... Its a PITA to get this dumb dog to eat.... and those of you with more than 1 dog know that you canīt leave the food there or a "starving" black Lab will eat it.
11. Heīs a clowny, happy, playful, gorgeous dog with not a single mean bone in his soul.
Happy birthday pointy nose!
Last edited by blackandyellow; 09-03-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Omigosh!!! I just scared Diesel with my squeal when I saw Vermont's puppy pic!!!
Happy 1st Birthday, Vermont, you handsome devil!!!
Thanks for the intel on his breed, I've never known anyone who's had a Collie to learn much about them!
Happy Birthday, Vermont! 1 already. Where did the year go? Enjoy your special day.
What a good looking boy! Hard to believe it's been a year already.
My Lab is smarter than your honor student.
Deacon 12/1/1999-4/2/2012 RIP, bestest boy.
Diesel 3/29/2010 My little hard charger.
Handsome guy! Happy Birthday, Vermont!
Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
And 30-some Miniature Horses...
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown
Happy Birthday Vermont! His baby pictures are so adorable.
Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
Ginger - BT 11/16/05 rescued
Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 rescued
rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05, Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13