Bad Mannered dogs!

Thread: Bad Mannered dogs!

zonapups is offline Senior Member

AngryBad Mannered dogs!

What is up with people and their bad mannered dogs? SERIOUSLY!

Was walking our pups this morning (they get a group walk in the morning and singular walks in the evenings) and a neighbor was walking her two crazy dogs up the street. We immediately put our pups in a sit like we normally do to keep them calm but her two dogs went BALLISTIC! Of course our two went absolutely nuts! We got control of Leo but Zoey our "BIG MOUTH" kept barking and trying to get around me. Just then my husband steps in front of me a screams "NO"! I turned around to find out that one her her dogs wiggled himself out of his gentle lead and went charging straight towards me. He quickly ran back to his owner who grabbed him by the scruff and pinned him to the ground yelling at him. Of course her other dog decided it was a good time to fight with her and the other dog. We decided it was time to take our two down the street to defuse the situation. I was not sticking around to find out if she got control her two and risking more problems.

I was PISSED! This isn't the first time one of her dogs got loose and tried to attack a neighborhood dog. The last time she had them just on a collar and they got loose in the middle of the road. At least she upgraded to a gentle lead but SERIOUSLY this girl REALLY needs to get control of her dogs before they actually hurt someone.

I know we still have lots of training and behavior correction to do with our puppies but that aside....I just can't believe how irresponsible people are with training when owning a dog. Ours are PUPPIES and they have WAY better manners then this girls two dogs.

END RANT!!!

Leo and Zoey - born 4/21/12. The loves of my life (other than the hubby)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

slackercodemonkey is offline Senior Member

:-D, that is when you take a deep breathe, smile, and walk away. Some people have no clue and they are too proud to ask for help.

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

If the dogs are dangerous I would call your local animal control and complain.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

so the dog LISTENS to her and comes back and she proceeds to punish him? yeah next time the dog is just gonna keep running.
    Sounds like this owner is clueless and in desprate need of help.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Some people are just plain clueless...
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    so the dog LISTENS to her and comes back and she proceeds to punish him? yeah next time the dog is just gonna keep running.
    Sounds like this owner is clueless and in desprate need of help.
    Sorry, I read it that the OP's husband yelled NO! and the dog responded by running back to its owner, then she punished him. Either way your point remains that the dog won't return if he gets punished when he does.

Not so sure what animal control can do for a dog that was leashed, accidentally got loose and the situation ended without any actual attack or injury.

If you ever see this person when you don't have your dogs with you, I would approach her and kindly ask her to ensure she gives you a wide berth and if she has that much trouble controlling her dogs that she walk them separately and suggest that should anything happen you have animal control on speed dial and she could end up with a fine and possibly a destroyed animal should an attack with significant injury actually occur.

zonapups is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    Some people are just plain clueless...
    Some people just are...it's kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Dawg View Post
    Not so sure what animal control can do for a dog that was leashed, accidentally got loose and the situation ended without any actual attack or injury.

If you ever see this person when you don't have your dogs with you, I would approach her and kindly ask her to ensure she gives you a wide berth and if she has that much trouble controlling her dogs that she walk them separately and suggest that should anything happen you have animal control on speed dial and she could end up with a fine and possibly a destroyed animal should an attack with significant injury actually occur.
    We don't have animal control as we are outside the city limits. If there is a "animal" problem we have to call the Sheriff's dept or the Fire Dept who will then call the City to dispatch Animal Control.

Thankfully she doesn't take her dogs out often. I've only seen her out 3 times with them in the last 5 months that we have lived in the neighborhood and only this time did we have our pups out with us. She tends to walk them when everyone else in the neighborhood is done walking their dogs. I feel kinda sorry for her as she obviously doesn't know how to handle them. She lives with her parents too and I've heard the parents aren't fond of the dogs either. If we tried to talk to them I'm sure it will quickly spiral out of control and the last thing we want to do as new neighbors is cause problems. Stuff travels fast in our little neighborhood. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by slackercodemonkey View Post
    :-D, that is when you take a deep breathe, smile, and walk away. Some people have no clue and they are too proud to ask for help.
    That is what we did. Took deep breathe's and removed ourselves from the situation.

Leo and Zoey - born 4/21/12. The loves of my life (other than the hubby)

Barbara1 is offline Member

We have a similar problem in our neighbourhood. We live in a small village next to a larger town and I'll bet there's not a home here without a dog, and lots with two dogs. But most are NOT trained at all. People think just because Fido is walking THEM at the front end of a leash that's all there is to it. Most of them are sort of friendly but really don't know how to greet people or other dogs. We're trying to socialize Molly and lots of times when we ask owners if their dogs are friendly they say no!! They look a bit sheepish but don't seem likely to correct the situation.

I do get pissed off putting so much energy into getting our dog well trained when these lazy people don't. But we're doing this for ourselves, and to make Molly into a happy dog, not for them. So we all understand your rant!!