Just Labradors banner

Erns night time habit.

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  mitziandjudysmom 
#1 ·
He sleeps better if he wears a coat in winter to help his hips. A few moments ago he bought me his coat and when I ignored it barked at me. I ignored him and he kept barking so I put it on him.
He sat on the sofa with me for a little bit, then disappeared. I carried on doing what I was doing and he barked for me to come to bed as he does every night. I ignored it. He barked louder, then louder. Then he came out and stood in front of me and barked.

Mum...Come on...I am lonely..come to bed..bark..bark..I lay down on the bed with him and he curled up quite happily and went to sleep.

We were at friends a few weeks ago and he wanted me to go to bed. I heard him bark..yelling Mum..Mum..I went in and he had pulled the bed to bits, made himself a nest in their bed and wanted me to lie down with him. lolol.Funny boy.

#14 ·
Jasper always occupies my bed when I get up in the morning for a bath and while I'm in the bath he rolls around on the bed on his back kicking his legs in the air.
Rukus does this too...every night after I get home from work. Like clockwork, after he's been fed and taken outside, he'll trot on back to the bedroom and I'll hear him back there thrashing on the bed. He'll also let out the funniest bark/whines. He's such a wierdo. :D

#3 ·
LOL Colin. I can just see it. the delight at having the bed all to himself. Erns always moves over to where I sleep when i get up and won't move until I make the bed. One morning I left early and he refused to get up so I make the bed over him and went to work. He was still there at lunch time. lol.

#5 ·
awww Tootsie is my come to bed mommy baby. She will sometimes go back early make the bed and wait for me or she will lie in the dining room facing the family room so she can see if I am going to bed. If I don't move fast enough for her she will come out sit in front of me wagging her tail ears perked up willing me to get up and come back to bed with her.

Last night she wasn't feeling well so we were back in bed at 9pm. She doesn't mind if I stay up and watch tv or read she just wants me back in bed with her so she can go to sleep.

#7 ·
Was that a big decision? Wether to let them sleep on the bed or not? We used to do that with our other dog but she used to keep DH awake rustling around on his feet so we kicked her off and she would sleep in her bed on his side of the room quite happily. I kinda like the idea of cuddling up with a dog but we won't have to make that decision until Molly is much older and very well housetrained!!

#10 ·
Not for me, I wish Maxx would sleep on the bed like my Ozzy did but he just gets too hot. He starts out there and will get up on the bed once or twice a night but he sleeps parked in front of the fan. Usually in his crate although he hasn't been put in the crate in months. When the alarm goes off in the morning he is ready to go. Emma sleeps with my son, she loves him best and you have to drag her out of bed in the morning. Maxx and Emma both run to the bedrooms after the last trip outside at night, they know they get a piece of dehydrated chicken and an ice cube!

I love Ernie stories, they always make me smile! :)

#9 ·
My husband has one of those jobs where he has to be in early. When the alarm goes off, Curly starts barking to be let out of her crate. If I'm not working that day, I get up let everyone out, give Curly her breakfast back in her crate, then go back to bed for a few more hours. Squirt and Tosh will join me, sleeping on my husbands side. Squirt will growl bark at my husband when he comes to say good bye for the day and Tosh's tail will be beating a drum on the bed.

Tis fun to know the different morning antics of our furry hearts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.