Used dog bed

Thread: Used dog bed

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultUsed dog bed

My mom has a senior lab that has trouble getting up after sleeping on a dog bed, he does much better on a thin mat on the floor. When I was home for Thanksgiving I mentioned that I was going to get Bauer a new bed for Christmas. She said that she had one that was almost brand new (her dog used it for about a month). It was exactly what I was lookling for (bolsters on 2 sides, a neutral color, and probably much more expensive than I wouldl have purchased). She gave it to me, but Bauer won't use it. I took it all apart and washed it, I covered it in one of his blankets . . . and he still won't use it. He will sniff it, and then gets very excited and acts like he is looking for mom's dog. Do you think he will ever use it, or does he see it as Rocky's territory?
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Interesting. My guess it that he will use it eventually, but it might take him a little while to get comfortable with it. You might try tossing some of your dirty laundry on it to get your scent on it.

Bella

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I thought it was weird, especially because he lays on Rocky's stuff and plays with his toys when we are there. I will try putting some of our dirty laundry on it.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Weird! I would give it some time.. maybe throw a couple of his toys on there so he has to go on it to get to them?