Out of Retirement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of Retirement

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultOut of Retirement

Jack, who is maybe 15 years old has had several names, the most civil he has been called are Jack, AKA One Eyed Jack, AKA One eyed Jack the Pirate, AKA Captain Jack, retired. One Eyed Jack the Pirate had many feats of daring do is his hey day: Snagging a bottle of wine and putting it under his seat I guess for later; Eating a sleeve of bagels wrapper in all in between the time I closed the rear door of the van and opened the side door to stop him- that was an awe inspiring moment. There were bets the waste would come out plastic wrapped. They didn't but I digress. Opening doors and helping himself to stuff and even getting loaves of bread off the top of a 6' refrigerator when his legs did not allow him to rear up. Anyway, as he got older the raids subsided, and finally ceased. Any raiding now has been done by his four and a half year old protege Buddy, who has learned well at the the paw of the master.

So it was quite surprising to hear Wife bellowing the phrase Bad Dog! Leave it! Jack I said Leave it! Just to be sure I checked to see Buddy very alert tail wagging approval. Seems that Wife had set out a foil wrapped plate of cake pieces and cookies for a party she was going to. She was sitting on the opposite side of the table from the plate and heard the sound of foil moving. She looked up, saw a pink nose hoovering along side the plate and saw Jack very carefully biting down on the foil and moving the plate toward the edge of the table. That was when she bellowed. Alas Jack is mostly deaf so she had to reach across and grab the plate before he saw the error of his way.

Later I got hungry, fixed myself some lunch, and in my most infinite wisdom left the bag of shredded cheese on th counter and left the kitchen to eat my lunch. I heard some four footed activity in the kitchen, a thud and what sounded like someone walking on paper bags. I yelled Buddy! Getouttatherenow! Only to have a wide eyed Buddy with the beat look and the big sad eyes pop up in front of my chair. I found Jack munching on shredded cheese out of the upturned bag of shredded cheese. He did not not hear me coming, did not hear me talking to him, he was a bit surprised to see me but his wagging tail and facial expression told me he approved of the quality of cheese I buy.

Wife had stopped at the grocery and Jack attempted to nibble the bags open as she took them into the kitchen.

His chutzpah is amazing. The ol' boy still has it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Pirate Jack! Still in good form ol' boy!
    Love the stories

Jilian is offline Senior Member

This is hilarious!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

WAy to go, Jack the Pirate. Buddy says you dun gooood.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

georgie is offline Senior Member

Maybe the hearing has diminished but Jack's nose certainly hasn't. This story gave me a good chuckle. Way to go, Jack!

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Way to go Jack! You show them you can still do it.....well maybe a little bit less obvious so that you can still sneak a snack!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Good boy Jack!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Jack, you're not getting older, you're getting better.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

LOL - he is truly a master !

tismom is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Jack! Keep those humans on their toes.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast