When cuddles go awry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When cuddles go awry

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

UnhappyWhen cuddles go awry

I hate when a good cuddle session ends with injury!! This morning we had our usual wake up ritual, I had my arm around Diesel as he lay beside me and we were having our chat about nothing in particular. I leaned in for a quick peck on his snout like I always do just before I get up and all of a sudden he turned towards me - paws first - and THUMPED his paw on my face with the tip of it hitting me directly in my eye! YEOWTCH!! I felt a nail where it shouldn't be & I'm pretty sure I said the F word.

I was kind of pinned under the covers so I told him to get off, he wasn't budging so I said "MOVE!" and gave him a quick shove to get him off me, he sprang off the bed, and down the stairs. I went to the bathroom to flush my eye with water, it was completely bloodshot. I called Diesel, nothing. "Come on, bud it's okay"... nothing.

I go downstairs to find my Diesel waiting at the landing, ears back, tip of his tail thump, thump, thump. I sat down & he came over to me with his head down & licked my face and gave me the sweetest "I'm sorry mama, I's didn't means to hurt ya" look, and I kissed him on the head and said "It's okay, Deez, mama didn't mean to shout and shove you away." All is right again, except my eye is still bloodshot & hurts like a bugger. We're still gonna have our cuddles in the morning, I'm just going to make sure his front legs are pinned down!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dogfur is offline Member

Hope you eye is better soon. They can hurt if they kick out or jump up with their heads of rock.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Ouch..thank goodness he didn't scratch your cornea! Get better.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Ouch! That kind of stuff happens daily to me...!

joflake is offline Senior Member

That sucks! Usually, I get the hard head to my nose and it hurts like the dickens. And yes, sometimes the F word comes out on it's own.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Labs seem to be very talented at making sure their heads hit your nose or a paw lands where it shouldn't! Hopefully your eye is ok and you don't have a scratch.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Ouch! That happens. I remember when I was playing with Saba when he was about 1 year old and somehow his head hit me right on the brow – full force (and you know how hard their heads are!). I screamed and the poor guy hid under the table.. took some treats for him to get out and I made sure I gave him lots of hugs after, so that he knew I was not mad at him.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neska74 View Post
    Ouch! That happens. I remember when I was playing with Saba when he was about 1 year old and somehow his head hit me right on the brow – full force (and you know how hard their heads are!). I screamed and the poor guy hid under the table.. took some treats for him to get out and I made sure I gave him lots of hugs after, so that he knew I was not mad at him.
    They are so goofy, can be so clumsy, and don't know how their heads and paws can inflict pain, but when they do -- we end up being the ones to apologize for either yelling at them or scaring them with our reaction when the injury occurs! I have to say it is a very endearing quality how they react when they feel they are in trouble. He approached me so gingerly after it was just too sweet!

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Ouch!!

I LOVE it (absolutely love it) when Bauer wags the tip of his tail.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Lilprincee is offline Senior Member

Us lab lovers we are a tough bunch lol....we have all had the head butt or the paw knock and we still love em - crazy clumsy pups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast