Just Labradors banner

New sleeping arrangement for Haana

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  fanny&eddiesmom 
#1 ·
Up on the bed with us! Last night, light out, gently she jumped up and settled in at my feet. We were too tired to do anything but laugh. She slept until about 6 this monring. Then............

Then...... she lay on my side and stretched her neck so she could lick me in the face. That didn't work so she stood up put one paw on one breast , the other paw on the other breast bent down and started liking my face again.........THEN she stood up beside DH lay on his body and licked his face..............at which point we got her to lie down quietly so we could get up to feed her..............

She is still working on her place in the pack but is enjoying herelf here. It's amazing what 5 days have done for her. She is very good at keep away. LOL... Has gone through about 4 toys so far. They are old ones so we don't care that much, we just forgot how dogs can chew.

She was halfway through destroying a Wubba before we took it away from her and now she is trying to get a biscuit out of a kong............. Fanny could never figure it out, maybe Haana can.

I took her to the deevelopment park this morning ans she got away from me and spent 5 minutes giving me a heart attack, loping around in circles, carrying her leash in her mouth, splashing in and out of the creek and staying far enough away from me so I couldn't catch her. So I called her a couple of times, turned around and ran in the opposite direction and there she came! She stopped 10 feet away from me and started sniffing and gave me the opportunity to get hold of her leash.. Heart attack over......... Phew............ DH is talking her next time......... At least I know she will enjoy the bark park.........

See less See more
#2 ·
She knows she's in her foreverhome and that she is yours. Where does Eddie sleep?
So I called her a couple of times, turned around and ran in the opposite direction and there she came!
This almost always works if you have the nerve to take eyes off of her for a minute. Another trick is if you get on the ground, pretend you fell. I found that out once chasing them and I really fell, they (a young M&J) both came running to me licking my face. Don't know if they were trying to help me or if they felt guilty for making me fall, but I caught them.

#8 ·
Awww....I am so glad she is fitting in so well. When Sophie gets away from us, we go down on one knee and yell "Sophie Come to Daddy" (or mama etc) and she'll usually come running to give hugs. Once when she wouldn't cooperate, we pulled the van up as close as we could get, opened the slider and yelled Sophie lets go! She came running and hopped in the van. Recall is so hard when she is in crack-dog mode, running like there's no tomorrow! She sleeps with us too, and will often stretch in the mornings and kiss under my chin.... Ya just have to love these labbys! How is Haana doing with the growling, did that stop?

#10 ·
I did consider lying down to attract her but then I thought of all the bugs and possible poop that was there and I decided to run away calling her first, when she came back she started sniffing the grass near me and then rolled so I was really glad I hadn't sat down.....................

She has started to talk to us so we have to learn her language............. mostly it sounds like complaints, oh well, she can go to the back of the line.........LOL.... all she wants is a treat - I think. She has learned the difference between food and treats and now knows where they are kept...............lovely.

Eddie has always slept in his bed. It is a big wicker dog bed that I got at Goodwill for about $3. I got it for Fanny and she lay in it a couple of time during the day but at night she slept on our bed........He comes up in the morning for about 10 minutes and then gets down. He will sleep on the bed during the day but it is mostly on the floor or in his bed..........

Eddie has started to play with her but he is a barker and a growler - it was how he got Fanny's attention - and she doesn't like it. Don't blame her but she barks back and that makes Eddie go away. She is one smart cookie.

However, she never figured out the kong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.