HK, and other dogs, have one heck of a support team
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK, and other dogs, have one heck of a support team

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultHK, and other dogs, have one heck of a support team

I didn't wait till 10. It wasn't Hershey Kisses or Newman, Ed was anxious to get out to the dog park and we went over at 9. Hershey seemed pretty much her normal self at the gate and went after the first ball. About a half dozen people were gathered in a group, unusual for this park, we generally keep moving along trails or throwing something for the dogs.

When the group saw HK running out for the ball, they turned and all were headed toward me. Uh! Oh! Something happened. What the heck.

They approached me to tell me that Lois, the lady with Zoe (off lead) and another Huskie, had just left. Effectively evicted by the group.

One apparently approached her and suggested she either leash up Zoe immediately and get a muzzle for her before bringing her back again. The discussion that followed was apparent denial of Zoe being aggressive, and that she would leash up Zoe if she saw my car.

She was in the process of being told that Zoe had been reported twoce, and there were at least 3 other incidents excluding HK that she was not reported for. It was not fair to the other dogs to be at risk, or for the other owners. Then as she was denying the problem again, Zoe went after another dog. Dog was not hurt, someone was close enough to scare Zoe off.

One of the others grabbed Zoe and took her off to the double gated leashing area, while the woman was denying there was a problem. The others told her that that thought she was a nice and good person but was in denial of the problem and either she addressed it with a muzzle or not coming back. If she brought Zoe back without a muzzle on her when she got out of the car until back in the car, they would call the park police.

She apparently left calling them a bunch of illegal vigilantes and didn't want to associate with unfair 'Zoe Haters'.

I learned more about Zoe's behaavior with each conversation over the past few days. Those telling me I was wrong for not reporting it were right. Hopefully the owner will listen to what she was told and Zoe will be a happy dog at home, or off in the woods somewhere there are not other dogs.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Good for the DP people.

Laura

Seamus Lab is offline Senior Member

It's unbelievable that the woman would continue to bring Zoe back to the DP. I don't know if it's denial or what but come on, nobody knows your dog like you do. So arrogant to continue bringing her back to the park.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am glad everyone stuck together. It is a shame one dog can ruin a nice day at the dog park for the others.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I don't think it's denial, I think it's sheer idiocy on the part of Zoe's owner. No one can be stupid enough to keep denying their dog is aggressive in the face of all those attacks. That woman needs a swift kick in the @$$, then a session with a shrink.

I am so glad the DP people stuck together!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

justine is offline Senior Member

I can't believe she came back, especially with you making the decision to give her the benefit of the doubt the other day. Unfortunately a lot of those people are in denial with their animals and it's other people/dogs who have to suffer because of it. But I'm very happy to hear that the rest of the owners are serious about it and told her off.

Samson is offline Senior Member

HEartwarming Ed

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a great group of DP people. Good for them.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a good group of people. I hope she stays away this time.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

allthatjazz is offline Senior Member

Good group of DP people. Can't believe Zoe's owner is that much of an idiot.....
    May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

Terri and Jazzy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast