Dio's owwy

Thread: Dio's owwy

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

DefaultDio's owwy

Wondering if I should be worried? Was petting/cuddling Dio tonight and I found a lump on his cheek. It was sticky, so I thought that maybe it was gum. Started to clean it and I found a small hole! He must have pierced his cheek with a stick or something. I doubt that it was from daycare yesterday, since I didn't feel it then... Should I be worried? He's never been hurt before, so this is new to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

When you say "a small hole" do you mean it goes all the way through from inside his mouth to outside his cheek?!? If that's the case I would definitely recommend a vet visit. If it's just a relatively small surface wound and it looks clean, then he should be OK if you just keep it clean.

Bella

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

You said lump, then hole. Is it a lump or hole? My reaction to a hole, would be to keep it clean and watch it. A lump? Just a little swelling from the wound, if that is what it is, or infection? If infection, a vet visit wouldn't be a bad idea, but you could try cleaning and applying antiseptic. Or could this be a growth that has ruptured? Go see a vet.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.