Found this in my documents file but don't remember where it came from or who is the author:
If I didn't have dogs...
1. I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
2. My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.
3. All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of dog hair.
4. When the doorbell rings, it wouldn’t sound like the humane society kennels.
5. When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through furry bodies who beat me there or who are running away to escape strangers.
6. I could sit on the couch the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.
7. I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree. . . like dog bones, stuffed animals, balls and chew toys. Or have to answer to people why I wrap them.
8. I would not be on a first name basis with three vets.
9. The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: “out”, “sit”, “down”, “come”, “no”, “stay”, and “leave him/her/it ALONE”.
10. My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.
11. My pockets would not contain things like plastic bags, dog treats and an extra leash.
12. I would no longer have to spell the words, B-A-L-L, F-R-I-S-B-E-E, W-A-L-K or T-R-E-A-T-S.
13. I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.
14. I would not look strangely at people who think having their ONE pet ties them down too much.
15. I’d look forward to Spring and the melting of the snow instead of dreading “mud season”.
16. I would not have to answer the question, “Why do I have so many dogs?” from people who will never have the joy in their life of knowing they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel as they will ever get.
17. How empty my life would be. A house without hair isn't and would never be a home!
Karen and the gang
BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)
That's lovely! And so true!
Love it and even though I only have one dog it is the same here. For about 8 months after Princee passed there was no dog here and I could do all those things freeeeeee as could be and I hated it. Love having my pup by my side and since we got Gus I have yet to complain about the hair everywhere..........oh I'm sure I'll get around to it but not yet.... just not yet.
I love that! And "mud season" is so special isn't it? It's another season, we have five.
That's very true! Even with one, every pocket of every jacket I own is full of poop bags . . . and they come in handy for things other than poop.
Debi and Bauer
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
Boy is that true!
so true! #12 missed out D-I-N-N-E-R.
My house would feel bigger, yet emptier.
I would be 20lb heavier.
I would have no-one to tell ALL my secrets too.
My social life would be pretty empty. I have met so many friends over the years, just from walking my dog.
My heart would break.
~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.