Just Labradors banner

Erns has been with us 7 years. (sorry long)

3K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  joflake 
#1 · (Edited)
He had been staying off and on for a couple of months and in April spent 3 weeks here while his owners were away.
He got a rose thorn in his paw and the vet asked if he was my dog. "No but will be in a month". He replied "I hope when he is home you come to your senses and tell whoever owns him you changed your mind." lol

Family and friends agreed. By the end of the 3 weeks I couldn't wait for them to pick him up. They came in about 7.30 during one of Erns nightly " frenzys".( I learned later the boys and a visitor would hold him down every night after dinner. Why?? who knows.)
Erns did his usual up on the coffee table, and then across the couch and ripped the back of her beautiful silk shirt.
She cried as I tried to get this possessed thing, trying to bite me while doing the crocodile death roll outside. The crocodile death roll was a daily thing with Erns not used to rules and being inside.

Ah the peace when he left. Then about 10.30 she called to say Erns had been bashing himself against the garage wall and barking since they got home. ( I thought the kids made the holes, but it was him). She sounded upset and asked if she could bring him back.

She arrived an hour later with 2 big bags of food, a toy he had taken off Kassa and she said he was now officially mine.

No time to change my mind. He was mine. Today I couldn't be without him.

It took me almost a month before he could be inside without going into a panic if doors banged, or other noise frightened him. I found the only thing to calm him was to sit on the arm of the couch and when I saw him start the frenzy I would jump on him and pat him. To this day I don't let anyone sit on the floor with him.

Edited to add pics.
Mum we have mice.

Mr determined. Trying to get apples.

Helping around the house.

Proving when he set his mind to it Mr Erns could do anything..

See less See more
#6 ·
Oh Chris! His grown up pics are wonderful! What a glorious face!
And of course, two of my all time favorites, the "stealing apples" and "helping around the house" in his apron. LOVE those!

:) :) :) :)

P.S. Flynn apologizes for reversing those telephone charges last Saturday night. He thought I wouldn't find out.

#11 ·
I'm a sucker for bad boys, and apparently for boys in aprons. I love me some Erns!! Happy Gotcha Day to my favorite bad boy in an apron.

#23 ·
happy Gotcha day Erns :) he sure is a handsome young man!

#28 ·
Oh yes you stick up for him. lolol. Actually Georgie if it weren't for you I may not have taken him.

When I wasn't sure about taking him I told the story of when they were given a steak for their birthday. Kass wolfed hers down and Erns who had his in one peice was slowly chomping on his. She started eating the bit hanging from his mouth and he didn't bat an eye lid. You said "he is a keeper."
In the beginning I serious doubts, but kept thinking " he is a keeper" and hung in there with him, so owe you and others a big thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.