YAWN. This is tiring!! LOL

Thread: YAWN. This is tiring!! LOL

Jenylynne is offline Senior Member

DefaultYAWN. This is tiring!! LOL

Two pups really is a lot of work but what fun I am having! They are SUCH good pups. They are 9 weeks and 11 weeks and both know sit, "here" (but not consistently yet), down, leave it, no bite, off, kennel, and are doing really well with leash training.

What they AREN'T good at is sleeping!!! Holy cow. I am still getting up to let them out at least once a night and then they are ready to start their day at 4:45 ON THE DOT. I think they hear the birds and think it's time to get up. I usually let them out and put them back in their kennels and try to get some more sleep. This morning they barked for about 15 mins and then were quiet until 6:00. I guess this is all part of puppy ownership but I sure miss sleeping in until 6:30 without interruption! Any tips on getting them to quiet a bit longer or should I just chalk it up to puppy/dog ownership and get used to it?

ETA: I've been trying to post pics or at least put one in m y signature but I can't seem to figure it out?
    Jen

Cleo, our black beauty

Zeus, our yellow, mellow, fellow

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

One pup is all I could handle and that was almost 2 years ago. Time is the only answer.

Jenylynne is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    One pup is all I could handle and that was almost 2 years ago. Time is the only answer.
    That's what I thought! It's true, two is more than double the work but I met a woman yesterday that had a 4 year old, twin 2 year olds and TWO ONE YEAR OLD LABS!!!!! I swear, she must have been medicated. LOL
    Jen

Cleo, our black beauty

Zeus, our yellow, mellow, fellow

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jenylynne View Post
    That's what I thought! It's true, two is more than double the work but I met a woman yesterday that had a 4 year old, twin 2 year olds and TWO ONE YEAR OLD LABS!!!!! I swear, she must have been medicated. LOL
    *THUD*

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Try running a fan to drown out background noise. It worked like a charm for me and Maxx is always hot and sleeps in front of it!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

csblabmom is offline Senior Member

I've have brothers as well... I think it was around 5 mths they let me sleep again LOL

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

I can just imagine how much work two pups are - I almost didn't make it through Aila's puppyhood!!. Although, you're lucky you only get up once a night with them being still so young. I got up with Aila every 2 - 3 hours until she was about 3 - 4 months old and then once a night until she was 5 - 6 monhts old and then she started sleeping in the bed with us which made her very happy and she started to sleep through the night then - go figure!