Laura and Friends Started Something
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laura and Friends Started Something

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

DefaultLaura and Friends Started Something

or so it would appear. Delta Waterfowl, an organization somewhat similar to Ducks Unlimited, sent this bitter-sweet gift that arrived in today's mail. When I called to thank them and find out who the actual donor(s) was, I was told it was anonymous by a group of long time Cappy followers and fans.

Cappy was such a wonderful Lab. He was loved or at least much admired by everyone who ever met or hunted with him ... and apparently by 100s more who only saw pictures and read posts of his 13 year journey. It's been overwhelming to receive so many e-mails and notes of condolence from people all over the world, the vast majority who's name I'd never heard of before. But that's how this dawg world works ... we know screen names and dawg's names ... not their human's real ones!
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

A nice gift. Cappy was truly well loved.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

That's a very thoughtful gift. We all loved Cappy and we all miss him...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

At goes to show you how well thought of you are And how loved Cappy was to us all.

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Cappy's followers and fans . . . what a nice statement.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Mazie's Mom is offline Senior Member

Invited or not to join a special group.... We have always LOVED Cappy and your adventures. I think of Mondays as Cappy .. Is today 3 weeks !!?? I will continue to send love and healing thoughts to you and yours and always remember the greatest times with the one dawg that we love!! I am coming up on 5 years that I lost mine and think I will forever count the years... xoxo Kate & Mazie

Carolinagirl is offline Senior Member

What a wonderful gift. I wish I had been on here to know Cappy. He sounds like one truly special soul. May he rest in peace, and may you have peace in his absence.
    Nicole & Jack (rescue @ 3 years old)

Lilprincee is offline Senior Member

You are a special fellow Jim and Cappy was a very loved yellow dawg! Many of us know your pain of losing a special friend. My girl has been gone nearly 9 months and I miss her still so very much....this little 3 month old yellow fellow is trying to fill the hole in my heart but he has a lot of filling to do.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

I love it!!! What a great gift!!
    But surely Jim you have to recognize the fact that you tell a wonderful tale when you speak of your much loved Cappy - thereby enabling the rest of us to love him also....and your stories are made that much more real by Carols photos!!!
    (((((hugs to you all)))))

Rusty's Mom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mazie's Mom View Post
    Invited or not to join a special group.... We have always LOVED Cappy and your adventures. I think of Mondays as Cappy .. Is today 3 weeks !!?? I will continue to send love and healing thoughts to you and yours and always remember the greatest times with the one dawg that we love!! I am coming up on 5 years that I lost mine and think I will forever count the years... xoxo Kate & Mazie
    No ... today is FOUR weeks and I assure you that each one has been a semi-agony for us. But I have to admit that we can talk to people and write about Cappy now without completely choking up as we did for the first few weeks. Thanks to you and others for the kind thoughts and words.
    Last edited by Rusty's Mom; 05-01-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Carrying on in their big brother's memory ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast