Tomorrow Newt and I are heading to the vets to discuss the "gameplan". I am going in with an open mind. I have his xrays, and will be bringing them in with me. I am leaning towards no surgery at this time. He isn't showing any pain, and if the doctor feels that is the way to go, then that is the road we will travel. I hope this visit helps rest my mind a bit about him. Will keep you all posted. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
Good thoughts and prayers for you and Newt! Please keep us updated!
Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo
Sophie 15 months, with Skye
Good thoughts and prayers.
Miko (April 6, 2009), CGC
Adding my prayers and good thoughts for you and Newt.
Good thoughts and prayers here!
Good thoughts for baby Newt and keep us posted!
I haven't posted much but have been reading!
I think once you get the weight off him you will see a different dog! He's carrying a TON of extra which is going to have a huge impact on his mobility and joint function. A friend of mone's dog recently dropped ten pounds and the difference in her was unbelieveable, even her eyes sparkle more now.
So I think waiting on the surgery definitely makes sense. Get him lean and see what his baseline is then, and create a plan of attack based on that.
Good thoughts for your boy!!
Baloo - 5 year old black lab
Peanut - 7 year old minpin
Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
I agree with Kate, get the weight off him before you make any real decisions.
Give him a smooch from us!
'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
~ Michelle Held
Rhys, Ruby and Nola