Hershey Kisses got attacked
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hershey Kisses got attacked

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultHershey Kisses got attacked

This post will be ammunition for those that don't like dog parks, but it is what it is.

Hershey Kisses got attacked by a Husky at the DP this morning. I had just chucked a ball for her and she was off for it when this Husky went after her and took her down. She, the Husky named Zoe, would not let go and continued to grab whatever she could get her mouth on even with two other peeps and myself struggling to pull her off.

Just as we got control of her, HK got a snap in that broke flesh. Fortunately, HK did not suffer any punctures. Another patron called the park cops, and they were there just as we got the dogs separated and where talking to the owner. Apparently, Zoe has had a history of this behaviour. She has been cited twice before and with this one is not allowed back in the park ever. HK was lucky. The two previous attacks resulted in a lot of torn flesh for one, and over 50 stiches. The second had major damage to the neck and was hospitalized for over a week.

I am so glad HK was not hurt worse, glad she got one retaliartory bite in before it was over. I am angry with the woman that brought the dog back after the second incident. She was told by the police that the fine would be $250 if she came back with Zoe, and if another attack took place, Soe would be taken and put down. I feel sorry for Zoe. I don't understand why she does that, seems like a nice dog most of the time. It would be so sad in my mond if the woman takes her to a dog park again and this happens.

But, the DP community stood together and got the situation under control. I am thankful they were there to help, actually into it before I could reach the dogs. Hershey got a thorough inspection by myself and two others. I think every hair on her body was examined to see if there was a puncture anywhere.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Poor HK, glad she wasn't hurt too bad. I feel for Zoe apparently her owner needs to wake up!!!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

The two previous attacks resulted in a lot of torn flesh for one, and over 50 stiches. The second had major damage to the neck and was hospitalized for over a week.
    I cannot believe that stupid asshole woman brought her back again after that! I'm so glad HK didn't get hurt, Ed!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Poor HK! I'm glad she was not injured. I also feel bad for Zoe. I can't believe the woman would bring her back after what happened before. I also can't believe she would risk having her dog put down just to take a trip to the dp. Where's her brains?

dweck is offline Senior Member

As someone whose dog has been attacked 2x in the past 4 weeks, I can absolutely understand your terror.

When Wes' last incident was broken up, it was all I could do but stand there and shake.

I'm glad HK managed to get through it unharmed and (godforgiveme, as I wouldn't ordinarily wish ANY animal ill) that she got a chance to tell the Husk that she had had enough.

The owner should be beaten with a bum poop stick.

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

How scary Ed. Got goose bumps all over when I read your story. I can't believe how that owner could be so stupid to bring back her dog after the first time.... not to mention after the 2nd time!! ...Something tells me this isn't the last time Zoe gets a chance to attack another dog .

I'm glad HK wasn't hurt. Give that sweet girl a big hug and a smooch from Emma and I.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

OMG!! How did you keep from attacking the owner yourself!

Glad it was no worse, and hope HK puts it all behind her.

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

I'm glad HK is not hurt, but poor girl! I don't understand why people do such stupid things. That is the reason I have never taken Dixie to a DP, because she is very unpredictable around other dogs. Some she loves, some just seem to rub her the wrong way. So, as much as I would love to take her to run, I don't. It's not worth what could happen. I try to be responsible with my animal, and I just don't get people who won't.

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

First, it's a relief that HK is fine.

But does this mean that this time Zoe will be put down? That would make me really angry, that this woman is stupid and selfish enough to basically put a death-sentence on her dog, knowing that she shouldn't come to the dog park. If Zoe is well behaved in most other situations, why risk her (and another dog's) life just to bring her where she doesn't belong? Poor thing.

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

OMG... Ed, what a scary event. I am glad HK came through unscathed.

My heart breaks for Zoe, that she might be put down because her owners are idiots. After two similar incidents, what would possess her owner to take the chance again, knowing the penalty. That woman needs her head examined.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast