Hershey Kisses got attacked - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hershey Kisses got attacked

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Glad HK is ok!!!
    we had something similar happen...Java was attacked(unprovoked-we were just standing there, Java was on a leash at heel) by a boxer at a kids' soccer game. Grabbed her by the neck, shaking her. Luckily, no injuries...just grabbed all that extra fur she's got under there. But, we did find out the next day that the boxer (his name was Mac) had attacked another dog about a month before, and then attacked that dog's owner when he stepped in to save his dog. Mac's owner's are being sued by that man for his and his dog's injuries. Police were involved and everything. Yet, the owner still brought this dog to a soccer game with other dogs and kids.....I don't get it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Oh Ed how scarey - I'm so glad HK wasn't hurt and hope she gets over the episode quickly.

I also feel sorry for Zoe - poor thing put at risk due to owner.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Wow ED how scary for you and HK. What was that women thinking- oh I guess she wasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if HK were a little sore tomorrow. When this happened to Sammi she was pretty slow the next day. Hope HK is all better and is out playing with the chuck it real soon!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

glad she is ok!!

for those that are going to take your dogs to dp's and other places where strange dogs are, you need to learn the proper way to break up a dog fight and keep yourself out of it. google the wheelbarrow way of breaking up a dog fight. i've used it and it works. also carry a water pistol or power sprayer water gun with you or a fog horn.

why in the world did that woman bring that dog back there...<shakes head>

allthatjazz is offline Senior Member

So glad HK is okay! How scary for you! It is a shame that in all good things, there are always selfish idiots that ruin it for others, So sorry for Zoe that her owner is one of these idiots.
    May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

Terri and Jazzy

justine is offline Senior Member

What is with all of our dogs getting attacked at the DP lately? Gosh, I am still terrified of going to the dog park with Abbey or anywhere where multiple dogs can come up to her.. I just relive the whole thing over every time.

I'm so glad that HK is okay and so are you. I can't believe someone would take their dog to a DP when it's attacked dogs already.. unless it was a situation where that dog was off in it's own CONFINED area.

One of the dog parks near my parents has separate fenced in areas, one is for small dogs and a couple others are just for people to use with their own dog(s), who may not be that nice with others.

Again, I'm so sorry it happened to HK - but I'm glad that no one (dogs or humans) was hurt severely. I hope HK isn't any worse off after.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Since someone asked. Yes, this was Zoe's third time and the officer was prepared to take her with him. I refused to sign a complaint. I did tell the woman that I would not have Zoe put down on my conscious today. But that was the last warning with her that I would be involved in. I promised her that if I witnessed another attack by Zoe that I would sign the complaint and she would live with the guilt. If I saw Zoe in the park with her again, I would remind her and ask her to leave.

By the time we got to this point, about 8 other owners were around us and the cop. (I should note that Zoe was sitting, unrestrained at my leg. This is not a rabid animal. Something is not right or has not been conditioned properly in that head. She just does not belong off lead in that environment.) When I made that statement, two other patrons that are familiar with Zoe and the owner backed me up. They told her that she was a nice woman, and that Zoe was a nice enough dog most of the time. But it was not fair to the dog that became victim, nor the owners. That they would support those that fell victim and that she really needed to not bring Zoe to the park, or bring her on lead.

The officer told me that he understood but that I was wrong. Two incidents had been reported previously. This one obviously occurred. We did not know how many may have occurred and were never reported. He advised me to reconsider my decision. If I chose to go the path I chose, to not have any tolerance in the future and to carry through with what I said to the woman. Then he added that he did understand.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

MnMsMom9902 is offline Senior Member

We have been taking Miko to the same social group at a doggy daycare for the past 4 months. Couple of weeks ago, a new couple brought in their 4-months old puppy (they had the puppy since he was 2 months old).

OMG, that puppy was snarling and trying to seriously attack the other dogs in the play group. To make a long story short, the couple had to remove their puppy since we were all afraid that either the puppy was going to hurt another dog, or get hurt.

We were all shaking our heads wondering how could such a young puppy be so aggressive towards other dogs (although the puppy was very friendly to other humans there). Sad.

Miko (April 6, 2009), CGC

Samson is offline Senior Member

Thank the Lord that she is OK ED

Unfortunately we share this planet with some morons !

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

So glad that HK is ok, but how scary! All of that exercise has kept her agile and taught her to duck and weave enough to stay away from the mouth of the other dog.

I can't believe the stupidity of people. If Bauer ever attacked another dog, or I thought there was the possibility of him attacking another dog I wouldn't put him in that situation. He is usually the one being bullied though .
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast