Just Labradors banner

Diamond expands recall - Chicken Soup for Pet Lover's Soul

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Diesel_Dawg 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The shelves in my store are looking like old mother hubbard. I have NO Diamond, TOTW or Chicken Soup shipping. Maybe a bag or two hear and there and it has been like that for about a month. We normally order and sell 10-12 bags of just the Diamond Nat C/R and right now it has not shipped as of Tues on my order. In fact my order that shipped to my store was 1/3 of what I ordered. Most of the foods that come on that truck are manufactured by Diamond :(
I think there is a LOT more to this that what meets the eye.

#5 ·
Not that the letter itself is suspicious but there actions lately are. I was aware of possible shortages for some time...new plant...yadda yadda ... But what I do find suspicious is that during the buikding, moving of the plant all this breaks out. Looks to me like a serious breakdown in QC.
I also say shame on the person who shared that letter. I receive letters of the like from many manufacturer and normally under some confidentiality header....until I get word that it is ok for the public, unless it is addresses to the public, I would never share it. I mean I have to maintain a level of professionalism. Normally if it concerns the public it is accompanied by a letter that we can post for them.

Now having said all that I can count on one hand the companies I trust, will only trust , and you will never see me feed anything else ever that is not manufactured by that very small handful.

#6 ·
I found it interesting the pet related PR firm announced it publicly one day before Diamond did. I'm sure there are tons of different theories on this whole nightmare & it is far from over. The letter was addressed to the retailers so it shouldn't have been distributed though it doesn't prove anything, it's open for interpretation. If someone does find proof that Diamond was aware of the issues before the recall they're going to have one hell of a lawsuit on their hands!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.