Ewwwwww Breezy Ate A Mouse! Ewwwwwww!

Thread: Ewwwwww Breezy Ate A Mouse! Ewwwwwww!

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultEwwwwww Breezy Ate A Mouse! Ewwwwwww!

Yesterday I discovered my cat in the kitchen, in the process of playing with/killing a very small mouse. My first thought was to try and rescue the mouse and bring him outside. But then I also thought that he'd probably just find his way back inside eventually, and although I love animals and don't like killing anything, I don't want some creatures in my house. So I let the cat do his thing and I left the house ( I couldn't bear to watch ) with my Lab Breezy and we went for a walk. ( Feeling so guilty the whole time and SO bad for the poor little mouse ). I was hoping my husband would get home before we got back from our walk so HE would have to clean up whatever there was to clean up. But that didn't happen. So I went inside and left Breezy outside while I looked for the poor little mouse. Couldn't find him. I looked everywhere. So I let Breezy inside. Then I noticed the cat smelling all around Breezy's bed at the far end of the kitchen. Uh oh. Our cat has a habit of hiding things he thinks are extra-special under the rug, the blankets, in our shoes, etc. So I squeamishly went over to Breezy's bed and wimpily lifted a corner. No mouse. I lifted the other corner. No mouse. I looked under the whole bed ( or so I thought ) and still, no mouse. WTH? So I went to wash my hands at the sink and before I know it Breezy is at her bed. I yelled "Breezy, come!" But that was futile so I ran over to her only to see her licking her chops. I looked down at the floor and there were blood splatterings where before there were none. Eeeeeeeek! Then I looked at Breezy's face and she has blood all around her mouth! Gaaaaaaahhh!!! No way Breezy, did you really eat that thing?? I wanted to hurl. Breezy has eaten a lot of weird and gross things before but this was a first. I fully expected her to throw up later but she didn't. ( Although I almost did every time I thought about it.) She seems fine today, nothing out of the ordinary. Ate fine, pooped fine, acting normal. Is there still a chance she could get sick or do you think she's past it?
    I have now dubbed my cat and dog The Mice Squad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jen124 is offline Senior Member

Sorry! Hate to say but it happens here kind of often. Fi will run in from outside and I know she has something then I'll see just the tail hanging out of her mouth..... if I'm not quick she'll swallow when I try to grab it. Breezy should be fine. Maybe some loose stools. Just keep an eye on her.
    Jen and the crew!

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I have taken them out of Sophie's mouth when all I would see is the tail hanging out. There is just something about mice that she can't leave alone!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

This had me almost spill my coffee laughing. Mice squad. hahahaha

Ewwwe. A friends Lab eats mice too and never been sick.
    Erns got up on the couch with me when one came into the house last year.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

What a funny story!
    He was there to protect you from the mouse.

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Sooooo GROSS!!

Bauer brought one in the house with him once, but he didn't eat it. He would have, if given the chance, but luckily my kids thought he had a rock in his mouth and told him to drop-it, which he did . . . right in my son's hand. 1/2 dead mouse . . . so gross!

He also snagged a baby mole or vole. We were walking in the woods after a late spring snow, and I saw him take a bite of snow but he never stopped moving. Then I kept hearing a squeaking noise, but couldn't figure out what it was. Then the whole thing played back in slow motion in my head . . . something in the snow, Bauer took a bite of snow, and the "something" was gone. I stopped, looked at him, and told him to "drop-it" and he dropped the little mole/vole on the and it ran away. I was afraid it had bitten him or something, but it didn't. Why would a dog want to hold a squeaking baby mole his mouth? He's an oddball.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kassabella View Post
    This had me almost spill my coffee laughing. Mice squad. hahahaha

Ewwwe. A friends Lab eats mice too and never been sick.
    LOL I have to admit I´m also laughing my head off with your thread... Many years ago our Lab Muffin came running to my SIL with something in her mouth (like a typical Lab bringing a toy to momma). My SIL grabed a "string" and when good ol Muff let it go... it was a mouse!!! and my SIL started screaming like crazy...

My cat once killed a squirrel and I was like you... ewww! yuck! I don´t want to see it (he was laying on the grass with a black thing in front of him and I almost stuck my nose into the dead squirrel because I was wondering what it was). The next day all I could find was the bushy tail... LOL LOL