Our lab was on his way into the pound.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our lab was on his way into the pound.

sclabmom is offline Member

DefaultOur lab was on his way into the pound.

almost 4yrs ago in Fairbanks Alaska we were visiting the local shelter as we walked out there was a lady sitting there holding AKC papers for a dog and a surrender form. I asked her what she was turning in and she replied just an ole lab. We went out and looked and here is this beautiful chocolate lab older pup. We asked for him and she happily turned him and his AKC papers over to us. Come to find out his is the best dog in the world. I've wondered where his lines come from and so I got a copy of the pedigree. His parents I don't think have any points but if anyone is willing to help point me in the direction of where he came from that would be great. I have always wanted a female,not because I want to breed him but I would just really like a female from some of the same lines. I have been approached by a show handler to show him but we moved and I couldn't just leave my dog. He's excellent with duck and went to some classes. Here is some of his background:

Sire: Tweleve Gauge XII-sire Yukon Kornelius and Dam Tutka Bay

Dam: Sadie Hershey Kiss sire Klassic Villa's Shaq Attack and Dam Villa's Power point Meg.

I have one more generation back if I need to supply that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThreeTs is offline Senior Member

That doesn't sound like a substantially show pedigree, maybe they do things differently up there... It's great that you saved him from the pound, his lucky day and yours too. I know who uses the "Villa" kennel name, go here Labrador Retrievers Utah Chocolate Labrador Retriever Puppies For Sale Champion Breeders Yellow in fact Meg and Kimo (Shaq Attack) are on their website. Contact them and they can probably tell you some about the dogs with their kennel name. Caution you that if you will be paying for the next pup, make sure parents have hip/elbow/eye/EIC/CNM testing.
    Last edited by ThreeTs; 04-23-2012 at 07:41 PM.

deidra is offline Senior Member

I did a search and got the same thing that is above. Here is Klassic Villa's Shaq Attack Kimo
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yeah it isn't something I have to have at this very moment actually been thinking it over for the last 2yrs.so no rushing. And Im sure there are some really wonderful labs in different lines but my guy is of good size with a nice blocky head I believe its called English bred. All I keep finding though is dogs that come from parents that are just AKC guess you can say BYB dogs. The parents have narrow heads,and are very hyper and the people haven't taught them anything. Our guy at 5 months when we got him was never what I would call hyper he was active but he wasn't bouncing off the walls,he never has tore up anything except he has a fetish for bread so we have to keep it under lock and key. And thats what I want a dog that the parents haven't just been a breeding machine that was breed to better the breed.

deidra is offline Senior Member

They are called Bench/show bred dogs. English dogs come from England And the dogs with narrower heads are field labs(mistakenly called American labs). If they don't do any kind of venue with there dog,or any health testing then they are BYB's. And I think you got lucky,lol. Even puppies that come from responsible breeders are crazy,lol. It is the OWNER who needs to train the dog what is acceptable and what is not(even then they will destroy things and get into everything..if you do a search you will see LOTS of stories about it,lol. One of the star destroyers that I think is anyway is Sophie(sophiesmom) and you will see LOTS of stories
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

003.jpg110.jpg304.jpg

I wanted to share a couple of pictures of our guy. They aren't the greatest pictures those are on my other computer. He looks a LOT like Kimo to me.

The one in the car he we are actually driving from Alaska to SC where we currently are. And for some reason he creeped up onto my daughter and I caught him with the look of What? What did I do?

I have no idea how our dog got into this persons hands. I'm not wealthy but this woman lived in the ghetto.She actually had us follow her to her house because she wanted to give us his food and toys. She said he had lived on their little apartments balcony pretty much since she got him and it was covered in junk I don't know how he moved. She was feeding him food from the broken bag bin,at a local feed store which contained any type of food that may have gotten a busted bag. He had horrible runs,was underweight was nasty. After switching him to Annameat food and a trip to the vet. He was doing great. I really don't think he was a cheap pup,meaning he wasn't a $100 pup so we have always wondered how she got him.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Looks like he got a very loving home He's a very good looking lab. What's his name?

We call him Buck. His name was Birdie but that just wasn't him. He's like an old friend maybe an Old Wilderness soul so we came up with Buck. My sons who are now grown took him out to "duck hunt" about a month after we got him and you would swear he was like a well oiled machine. He sat and waited and then went right in and ever so gently go the duck and brought it right back to my son. He lives for the retrieve. In fact he will even go get my chickens and bring them back so carefully to me if I'm trying to round them up for the night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast