Bentley it is just a storm!

Thread: Bentley it is just a storm!

deidra is offline Senior Member

DefaultBentley it is just a storm!

We are having what I call a "peaceful" storm to what everyone else is having(stay safe if you are in those areas). The storm here started sometime this morning. I woke up to bentley whimpering and pacing from my door to my bed. I thought he just needed to go out so I took him out and he was really jumpy. So he did his business and then came back in and i fed him. It stopped thundering for a little bit(that eerie calm that most people hate during storms) and then it started again. He was back to pacing and panting really hard. Tank and mae are fine so they aren't sending any "bad vibes" to him. I am not cuddling him or anything. Just watching him pace. I even got out his favorite toy and he really didn't want anything to do with it. I had to go and make sure the rain wasn't getting the rabbits and while I was out there feeding them and putting up a board so the rain couldn't get in I heard Bentley barking. I came back in and he was panting even harder.

He has never acted this way to storms. I know the last few we have had he was a little uncomfortable but nothing severe. The only thing I can think of is from all the bad storms we have had . I called my uncle to see how Ginger(his dog) was acting since she is terrified of storms. He said she was doing okay in this one. usually if they are bad or going to get bad she runs under beds and goes into panic mode. It is dying down again and he is laying on the couch by Tank but it is going to be off and on all day.

Does anyone have any tips? I don't want him to get over-stressed or over-heat.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Keep him in a room with a loud radio. Don't coddle. Stay safe.
    Thunder shirt? I noticed the local pet store has them now.

deidra is offline Senior Member

Last time I went into a petstore I came out with a ferret,lol. I will seeif they have any in the local Petsmart. Would the Thunder-shirt help Tank in the car as well? Bentley is fine now since it is just rain. We even played dress-up earlier,haha.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.