Kate's Story (Lilly's older sister)

Thread: Kate's Story (Lilly's older sister)

firstlabellen is offline Senior Member

DefaultKate's Story (Lilly's older sister)

Hello Labbie Lovers,

It's me, Kate. You can see a photo of me at the bottom of my story. What do you think about my profile? Momma says I'm beautiful. I don't know. I'm getting a few grey hairs because I'm 12 years now. My joints don't work as well as when I was a young pup, and I'm getting kind of tired in my older years. That aside, I'm real happy just to be with my Momma. I have my own bed in her bedroom and I sleep in the room with her at night and make sure she's all right.

She's a good Momma! It's just been me and her for a while now. You see, my big sister, Ellen and my Daddy have passed on. Man, I miss them! Momma and me have been struggling the past year with broken hearts.

But, guess what we have done? We have brought a new baby sister to live with us. She is a labbie just like me, but she is black as coal. Her name is "Lilly." Lilly is so beautiful you wouldn't believe it. But is she ever mean! She has bit me all over and I have lots of skinned places on my legs. Momma says I don't discipline her like I should. I guess I'm just too easy going. But I'll tell you one thing, I discipline her about my food bowl. She sure knows to stay out of that. My poor Momma has wasted so much energy trying to get her to stop biting me, but so far Lilly is hardheaded and still bites. I just love being around her though because she is so cute and does such silly things. She makes me and Momma laugh a lot, which is real good for us. She makes me feel better about Ellen and Daddy leaving me. I'm assuming she'll outgrow the daggone habit of biting. I sure hope so.

Someday, I'll see Sister and my Daddy again. You know, I'm getting on up there in age. I have lost my hearing this year and I'm getting a bit slower in my movements. I have struggled this year with a broken heart, which hasn't helped with the aging process. You see, my Daddy was my favorite person on earth. I'm telling you one thing....that is going to be "One Happy Reunion" when I get to see him and sister, Ellen, again.

In the meantime, I've got to take care of my Momma and help her with that silly new sister that's come to live with us. She's so daggone beautiful, you can't help but spoil her.

I'm really glad we have Lilly because she will be a good friend to my Momma when it's time for my journey to the "Bridge." I will hate to leave Momma, but I know the time will come in the not too distant future to say goodbye to her. I will have no regrets. My Momma and Daddy have given me a wonderful life. Momma says she will always remember me for as long as she lives, as a blessing from God. You see, I took real good care of her the night my Daddy passed on and she says she will never forget me for my love and care of her.

Well, I guess I'll close for now and extend my best wishes to all you Labbie lovers. Always remember to love and Take Care of Your Lab and he will love and take care of you.

Love, Kate

P.S. I wanted to add a note to let you know Lilly is much better about the biting. At least I don't have skinned places anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Dear Kate, I'm so sorry you and Mom lost Daddy. It's so sad to say good bye, but you know there's a happy reunion ahead. I have a 12 year old girl who looks a lot like you. I think you and my Mitzi have a lot in common. She too takes good care of me. Keep up the good work training Lilly for Mom.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Well Kate, it sounds like you are a very good girl. I have a little sister names Kate. She is a pain sometimes but I do look out for her. She is so silly. But she has gotten better as she has gotten older. I am sorry you lost your dad & sister, that had to be so hard for you & your mom. But you are right, you will see them again someday. I lost my older sister Molly last year. I guess I was a pain to her like Kate was to me. But I miss her too. Keep up the training with your little sister Lilly.

Your friend Abby.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

What a good girl you are Kate, taking care of your mom and your new sister. I am sorry you lost your dad and sister but glad you were ther to help your mom. She is so lucky to have you to help her. I hope you baby sister starts taking care of you and mom now, it is your time to relax and supervise. Enjoy your "retirement" sweetie, you deserve it! A mom couldn't ask for a better girl than you.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Mazie's Mom is offline Senior Member

Dear Kate, you are a beautiful girl!! My Mom Kate is very special to me and loves and loves me ... She lost her "heart dog" right before she got me and I think I have helped my mom so much... I am sorry for the loss of your poppa and sis but know how much you are helping your momma....keep it up and we can be penpals...xoxo Mazie and my mom..her name is Kate too!!!

firstlabellen is offline Senior Member

Thank you to those of you who took the time to send me a special message. Your kind words made me feel good.

Love, Kate