Unusual Games/Activities?

Thread: Unusual Games/Activities?

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

DefaultUnusual Games/Activities?

Last week I went to a breeder's farm to check out their facilities; they have a 7 acre paddock and a barn than you can hire for £10 an hour. I want to do more training with Zack, so this seems like the perfect solution. His recall outside of the house definitely needs improving, so we'll be working on that - I've bought a lunge line so it should be strong enough to hold him!!

I was out shopping earlier, saw this and thought we'd give it a go too. I want training to be as fun as possible for him (and me!), and it looked like something a bit different

I also liked that there was a Lab used in the ad campaign!

We do the usual hide and seek, scent games, fetch, tricks etc. What kind of thing do you guys do? I'm always interested to see what others do to keep their dogs entertained!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tigerlily137@hotmail.com is offline Junior Member

Shelby loves exploring with me. She loves to go to Itasca State Park here up north in Minnesota. Many trails and around the lake to. So much to smell and so exciting for her. But I guess you are looking for something inside this building right ?

How about teaching your dog to help you ? Drop a pen and teach him to pick it up so you do not have to bend over and get it. Teach him that and then move onto other dropped things such as your cell phone. He will have fun learning and be of help. Makes him feel important to. You can teach him to fetch a can of soda out of your frige as well. Shelby will fetch a drink for me when I say fetch soda. I have a towel on the frige door and she pulls it open and takes a soda can in her mouth and brings it to me. The door closes when she returns and pulls it shut. Your dog would also enjoy backpacking with dog packs on a hike with you. Can carry water, food , digital cam etc and toys even. I know of a dog who was taught to find deer antlers in the woods. You can teach a dog so many things and they love the challenge of learning.

Tail wags
    Rainna and Shelby half Lab love of my life

I just googled that park, it looks lovely. Zack gets plenty of walks too, of course

This isn't meant to sound ungrateful at all, but I'd never in a million years want him putting electrical equipment (phones) in his mouth or picking up a pen in case he choked, or cans in case he did it outside of the house and god knows what people drop!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

What exactly does the 'flyball' do, i am trying to work it ouf from the picture, but can't. Does it somehow release/throw the ball. do they have to go up the ramp to trigger the release of the ball?

I am interested as it is our boys birthday this month so it might make a good birthday pressie

Have you ever watched the Collie's do it at Crufts, Bernie? It's like that on a much less pro scale

The dog presses the red pad (it's the whole red square that goes down) which flings the ball out of place. We haven't used it properly yet but I've taken it out of the box and it looks sturdy enough to take our boys' weight! They do tunnels and the agility poles too, though I suppose with H's elbows you aren't going to want him jumping either!

They were reduced to £19.99 in TK Maxx - had the tunnel too but I think Z would be scared of that, and I wasn't going to spend £40!