A story from Lilly - a new girl on the block
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A story from Lilly - a new girl on the block

firstlabellen is offline Senior Member

DefaultA story from Lilly - a new girl on the block

Hey Labbie Lovers

This is Lilly Girl. I want to tell you about what happened last Sunday Morning. There's a new thing happenin at our house. You see, Momma's put a gate in the hallway. She has decided she's goin to keep me out of the bedrooms cause it's too much work for her if I go back there. You see, I jump on all the beds and shed my fur on them. I also like to take the bed pillows off and sometimes, I decide to take the bedspreads off. So you see, she says, she's worn out from trying to clean up after me. I don't understand her thinking cause it's real fun for me to bounce on the beds. I guess I have to go along with her since she's such a good Momma. The only thing I'm not happy about is...... sometimes, she lets Sister go through the gate with her. That's cause I worry Sister a lot and if she goes back to the bedrooms with Momma, I can't do that.

Well, last Sunday morning, Momma was gettin ready for church and , of course, Sister was back there with her. Here, I was, Sweet Lilly, all alone in the living room with nothin to do. I decided I'd show Momma what I thought about her decision to keep me out of the bedrooms. So, when Momma was ready for church, she and Sister came down the hall and guess what? They got a huge surprise!! You see, I had been quite busy. I had removed one huge cushion from the couch, all four pillows, the blankie on the couch, the fleecy blankie on my chair, the cushion from my chair, the runner that runs from the kitchen to the living room, and two towels from mine and sister's linen closet. Everything was laying in a big ole heap in the living room. I thought it was quite artistic the way I arranged everything. Quite an accomplishment, don't you think? I guess I showed Momma!!

Well, guess what? I didn't show Momma. She was not happy with sweet Lilly! She said, "Lilly, why did you do that?" I said, "It was just a thing I wanted to do." Do you think she thought that was a good answer? No sir ree!!!!! It was not pretty!! You can guess what happened. I had to go outside and pee and then Momma put my butt in the crate and went off to church. She said I needed to think about what I had done. Well, I did for a while, but only a short while. I just snoozed the rest of the time. When Momma got home, she'd forgot all about my naughtiness. She's a good Momma!

I thought it was a good way to let Momma know she needs to involve me in major decisions in our household. Unfortunately, my idea didn't work out too well. Can you make a suggestion as to how I need to handle situations like this in the future.

One other thing happened to me yesterday. Me and Momma was glidin on the glider on the deck. You see, I love to glide with Momma. I sit with her and lay my head on her shoulder and we glide. Lilly Girl saw a crow fly over. I watched that silly bird fly all the way over our heads. You shoulda seen me. I almost got a crick in my neck.

I gotta go. Sister needs some attention.

Love, Lilly

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

lol, good message lily, tell momma that she is lucky you just rearranged the cushions and didn't decide to open them up to see what was inside.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Well Lilly, obviously you were just letting your inner designer come out However next time, I'd listen to your momma and let her do the decorating
    LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Lilly Girl, that was a cute story you told. Why don't you try just arranging your own toys and blankies and leave Momma's alone, then maybe you get your butt stuck in the crate?

I think Mamma forgives you though, she must since you're such a sweet thing. I like how you can glide with you head on your Mamma's shoulder, that sounds like fun.

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

If you lived in my house, that nonsense would have only happened ONCE. Dogs that can't be trusted are crated. Simple solution.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBrown View Post
    If you lived in my house, that nonsense would have only happened ONCE. Dogs that can't be trusted are crated. Simple solution.
    Killjoy.

Seamus and Flynn

bett is offline Senior Member

hahahahahahaha

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBrown View Post
    You crate your dogs 24 hours a day? You never know if or how much your dog can be trusted until you give them some freedom. Since she said lily pup was crated after the deed I'd say no problemo.

oakley is offline Senior Member

Cute story Lily but where are the pictures!??

firstlabellen is offline Senior Member

Howdy,
    Momma was not in the mood to take a photo of me after I had redecorated. I'm kinda glad she didn't cause she would have thrown it up to me forever. I can hear her now saying, "Lilly, look at this photo. Why did you do that? When are you ever going to learn how to be a lady" whatever that means. I'm sending you a photo of me on the couch before I removed the blankie and cushion.

Love, Lilly

Quote Originally Posted by oakley View Post
    Cute story Lily but where are the pictures!??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast