Spirits of our dogs stories
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spirits of our dogs stories

mistarkos is offline Senior Member

DefaultSpirits of our dogs stories

I'm opening this thread after reading this thread here

I believe posting our stories about the things that we are experiencing and witnessing through the loss of our beloved dogs would give courage and strength to some of us that have lost or will loose their dog. It will give us a chance to see that our dogs still live and are happy after they die.. into another world. It would be inspiring to read such stories.

P.S. If the moderators believe that this kind of thread would be nice to be a sticky so we don't have to search for it, it would be great.

Thank you all.

If dogs do not go to heaven, then I prefer to follow them where they go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

This may not be what you're talking about, but the night before we brought Caleb home, I had a dream that Mick was standing next to our bed wagging his tail and smiling his wonderful smile at me. Also, every once in awhile Caleb will look at me and wink like Mick used to. I see it as Mick popping in just long enough to let me know he's watching over us.

OK, here's mine:

The day Forrest died I went out to feed the horses as normal that night. When I did the back field, there was the most amazing sunset. It was spectacular. But what gave me chills is when I turned around, and in the east was a double rainbow. Brilliant and shining. I KNOW he sent me those.

And years early, we had our Collie put to sleep (1984). I was devastated, as I was at work and never got to say goodbye. Several days later, as I pulled into the driveway after work, I looked up and saw Kay and Sarge in the doorway watching for me. Never gave it a thought.

Kay was the collie.

I saw him twice like that.
    Home of:

Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
    Poopy-Toby-JRT 2004-
    Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
    And 30-some Miniature Horses...

www.fieldofdreamsminihorses.com

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Maybe it's because I miss him so terribly ... far worse than I would have thought possible ... he has made his presence known to me on three separate occasions since he crossed on Monday. The first was as linked detailed at the beginning of this thread.

The 2nd time was Tuesday night about a half hour after I dozed off in bed by myself. "Somebody" came to the side of the bed and nudged me on the side with their muzzle, twice. ONLY Cappy did that. Neither Remi or Rusty adopted that particular habit even though I'm sure they saw Cappy do it numerous times. It was his way of saying "time to get up and feed me" or, "Dad, I really need to go out!" I got up and went out into the family room and there were Remi and Rusty with Grammy and Carol, all asleep with the TV on.

The 3rd time was yesterday when I heard the distinctive sound of the tags on his collar jingle in the master bedroom. It has a different sound that Remi and Rusty's collars because their's are made of aluminum whereas Cappy's are chrome plated steel and have a very distinctive clinking sound. I walked into the bedroom to investigate and found Cappy's collar on the night stand next to my side of the bed. Carol said she thought she saw me place it there Monday night. I sure don't remember doing so.

If these experiences are not figments of my imagination, then I have to believe that Cappy ... who has always been my kindered spirit ... sees that I am suffering and is doing his best to allay the pain. What a good boy he still is.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

When I lived at my first house, we had a Husky named Canda. She was a typical husky and she lived to be 15 years old. The night she passed, I stayed home from a birthday party for my nephew, my husband and daughter went as usual. I had no real reason not to go but I just wanted to stay home, and up until then I always did go. Strangely enough, Canda came in the house (it was Feb. and she loved being outside, she never wanted in the house) which I hated. She paced around and in the laundry room I sat on the rug with her and asked her what was wrong, she was acting like she was excited about something. She laid down beside me on the rug and as I petted her she let out a little yip and passed away. At least I was home, holding and petting her when it happened. Fast forward to a couple of weeks later, I'm still in mourning, missing her so terribly, when we came home one evening from the store, I opened the door to the laundry room where we entered from the garage, and before I could turn a light on, Canda came walking through, wagging her tail, she turned and looked at me then walked over to the rug where she passed and faded away. I never saw her again but knew she was ok now.

With Twiggy my toy fox terrier, after she first passed, I would hear her tags jingle, but her collar hangs on a picture on my wall so she had to be letting me know she was still there. She hasn't visited in quite a while.

And last, my African Grey Parrot, Wooie, died after 34 years. She was an amazing bird and I loved her so dearly. The last days of her life, I was constantly with her and petting her, kissing her sweet head etc. I had to have her put to sleep when she became so weak she couldn't hardly lift her head. (Cancer) Anyway, I still have her cage up, and when I leave I say bye Wooie. I often hear her clicking things in the empty cage now, and hear her snap her beak in the way she always did. But the strangest thing is when I leave and occasionally her her say bye Wooie back to me. Wishful thinking? I don't know, but I hear it none the less.

I believe that those who love so strongly and bond so tightly often stay with us not only in our hearts and minds but in spirit They are always welcome at my home.

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

Oh wow guys... these stories are amazing!
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

mistarkos is offline Senior Member

Amazing and touching... Anyone else has something to share ?

If dogs do not go to heaven, then I prefer to follow them where they go.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I can't count the number of times I have heard Ozzy's tags jingle, they are on the shelf with his ashes and picture of him and could not possibly be making noise. The thing that gets me the most has happened 3 times, all times that I have been extremely stressed; while I am sleeping I wake up enough to feel Ozzy laying by my feet, on the bed, with his head across my legs. I can feel the warmth and weight of that beautiful head and he is the only dog that has ever slept that way with me. He died in my bedroom and since that day my other dog, Emma, has not slept in my room. She slept on the bed with me for almost 5 years, in the same spot. She now sleeps with my son. I know he is still with me, his spirit is so strong and I pray he never leaves.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

After the cats Hither and Yon died, I heard purring and felt something hitting the bed with a thud like a cat leaping from the dressing onto the bed. Once Red came to live with us, the cat spirits faded away.

Red bloated and the vet said there was nothing they could do for him, so he was put down. The house was soooo quiet when we got back to the house. I was sitting at the computer when I decided I had to go to the hardware store. I called out to Wife asking if she would like to go to the store with me as I turned the chair around and looked down the hallway towards the living room. I saw Red laying in the archway to the living room head on his paws where he usually slept keeping an eye on where I was, the front door, and the back door. When I said "Go", Red's head came up and he looked me in the eye, and vanished.

It took me months to stop crying whenever I thought of that wonderful old dog. Sometimes when I was at the computer I would feel a lick or a nose on my elbow that was not there.

One night months after Red passed, Wife and I were in the living room watching TV. I was on the floor, Wife on the couch behind me when we heard Red's cough coming from the chair in the corner where he always curled up when we were in the living room. Both of us heard it.

patm is offline Senior Member

I am "envious" of those who have these experiences. With Skippy, I did not have anything like these stories, but when I go to where we buried him, at the far end of our pond, I talk to him and feel at peace. But wait! A memory just came to me - it was almost a year after he had died. I was starting to go on a hike with the dogs, looked back and called to them. I saw Skippy running up the trail, and I called out so happily "Skippy!" I didn't for a moment think that he was dead and couldn't really be there, just remember feeling so joyful for a second, until I realized.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast