Baloo took himself for a swim this morning.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baloo took himself for a swim this morning.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultBaloo took himself for a swim this morning.

I let the dogs out in the backyard and went to finish making breakfast (the kitchen window looks out on the backyard).

I look up (had to be maybe a minute later?) and don't see them. Not the biggest deal, sometimes they bury themselves in the lilac bushes in the back checking out any smells left by bunny visitors through the night.

Look up again, still no dogs. Huh. Go outside, side gate has blown open. *heart sink*

Run inside, throw on shoes and bust out the front door calling them. Peanut comes running back from down the street. GOOD girl. One down, two to go. Put her in the house and head down the street, "MONSTERBALOO!!! HEEEERRREEEEE NOW!!!!"

Slow jog around the block, twice, calling. No luck. Go through my neighbours backyard to scour the orchard. TONS of squirrels, bunnies and other critters make their home there so I figured they may have chased something there. Still nothing. Starting to panic now, Baloo is still wearing his "I eat poop" muzzle, if he runs up to people on the street I'm sure "poop eater" won't be their first assumption, ugh.

Back out to the street, one neightbour is walking down the street with Monster. Two down, one to go. Throw him in the car and start driving VERY slowly, window down, calling Boo-man. Get to the beach which is pretty close to my house but down a hill you can't see just from the street, get out of the car and run to the top of the hill. See a black dog coming out of the water, giving a big shake. No muzzle.

"BALOO!!!!!" And he looks up at me, comes bounding over, soaking wet with the BIGGEST labby smile from ear to lake-water-drenched ear. "Oh HAI Momma!! Bout time you showed up, c'mon in the waters GREAT!!"

I'm sure it will be funny shortly, but right now I'm still recovering from that awful panic feeling, gah!! GOOD morning to me, lol!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

What a scare!! Why do I get the feeling Baloo was the instigator and the rest just followed...? LOL
    I can just imagine the feeling of panic! Thank goodness it all turned out well!!

Most likely Agnes!

I have no idea how he got the muzzle off, or if maybe he convinced them to help him, lol. The whole episode was maybe 20 minutes but felt like an eternity, ugh.
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I can't decide which is more impressive . . . that he found the beach and went for a swim, or that he somehow removed his muzzle.

Holy crap though, I would have been freaking out!!
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Scary! Glad everyone is safe!

MikeE is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317 View Post
    Starting to panic now, Baloo is still wearing his "I eat poop" muzzle, if he runs up to people on the street I'm sure "poop eater" won't be their first assumption, ugh.
    That part got me!!

joflake is offline Senior Member

I would have been scared too, but can't help but smile at how happy he must have been after an early morning swim.

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

Up to about five minutes is only slight worry, after 15 minutes is panic mode. Once they find a good spot to go, watch out. Cinder had a black lab friend around the corner. We learned that if she got out we should go straight to Cody's. I started yelling at the kids for leaving the door open, which they denied. Then one day I walked in the kitchen to find Cinder opening the door!! Clever girl.

Quote Originally Posted by CindersMyGirl View Post
    Up to about five minutes is only slight worry, after 15 minutes is panic mode. Once they find a good spot to go, watch out. Cinder had a black lab friend around the corner. We learned that if she got out we should go straight to Cody's. I started yelling at the kids for leaving the door open, which they denied. Then one day I walked in the kitchen to find Cinder opening the door!! Clever girl.
    LOL! I bet she was totally snickering to herself every time you yelled at the kids, haha!!

I take Baloo to that beach all the time in the warmer months, and we have to walk by it all the time on walks. He always "asks" to go (will nudge my leg and swerve in that direction, lol) but it's too cold yet. He disagrees apparently, and grabbed his golden opportunity this morning I guess.

I have a feeling given another opportunity that will definitely be his go-to spot.
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Good girl, Peanut!
    Not a great way to start the day, is it.

Seamus and Flynn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast