Barney's Training Class
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barney's Training Class

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultBarney's Training Class

barney is doing great in his class, and there is the gentlest Great Dane in there. Nice looking black and white boy. The guy who brings him says he is basically his. The man works at the shelter here and they pretty much adopted the Dane. His story? A couple got him when he was a pup. She got pregnant and they gave up the dog since they didn't want such a large dog around the baby. I guess when their kid gets too large they will give him/her up too.

There is a lady in there with a, get this, Rotweiler Pit mix. When they first came, the dog was almost out of control To this lady's credit, she has obviously worked with her. I'm not sure they will ever be able to let her off leash, but she is a really good dog around people. I hope so because she is a pretty little dog! I think the Rot-Pit mix will be ok. It's nice to see someone who stands by their dog!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Sounds like an interesting class! I can't believe some people sometimes, but it's a good thing there are such great people who adopt all of the dogs at the shelters!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

That does sound like an interesting class! I love Great Danes. And Crash was a Rottweiler/Pit Bull mix

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

What a great class! I love Danes but am too selfish to have one. They just don't live long enough, but then none of them do. The Rottie mix, I have met more gentle loving Rotties than mean ones and the same goes for pits.
    How have you and your little pack been?

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus View Post
    That does sound like an interesting class! I love Great Danes. And Crash was a Rottweiler/Pit Bull mix
    I didn't know, or at least had forgotten, that Crash was Rottie/Pit mix. I hope this little girl will be just as special! She really is good with people, but needs some good guidance with other dogs. But she has improved dramatically since the class began.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushpuppy View Post
    What a great class! I love Danes but am too selfish to have one. They just don't live long enough, but then none of them do. The Rottie mix, I have met more gentle loving Rotties than mean ones and the same goes for pits.
    How have you and your little pack been?
    We're doing great! The only Rotties I have ever met have been just a big ol teddy bear. And Pits are great too. It's the rotten owners who should be..well, won't go there.

I really don't know much about Danes, but after meeting this one, they seem to be a pretty laid back breed. I still cannot believe those folks gave him up. He has a really kind face. As for the new baby, they can train the dog and shouldn't leave baby and dog unattended anyway. I bet that Dane would have loved having the little one around. **sigh**

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

People can be so mean sometimes. Yes when their baby gets too big and she gets pregnant again, they'll probably will give up their son/daughter! I'm glad this guy got him and took him into his heart. Danes are such a big, funny loving dogs

I'm glad the Pit/Rottie mix is making progress! And kudos for the owners seeing there IS a problem. Many people with out of controlled dogs doesn't want to see there is a problem. In my neighborhood there is a new Rottie girl. She gets very mad just seeing a dog from distance and I'm always afraid the people will loose control of the leash and the dog will get loose and attack another dog one day. Saying that, we also have a handful of great, loving Rotties around here too and one Pit mix. In right hands Rotties and Pits are usually great, loving dogs. It's a people problem, not a dog problem.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

MNLab is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a great class, with some really caring people in it!
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07

CJs Mom is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear it's going well. Thanks for checking in, Guy!
    Laura & CJ in New Hampshire

georgie is offline Senior Member

Glad Barney is doing well in his class. The class sounds like it has an interesting nmix. yes....hats off to the lady with the Rot-Pit mix. It does take alot of effort to have an obedient dog. Shame on those people who had the Dane. Did they not know it was going to get big?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast