Enzo is turning into such a handsome dog :) Just worried about one thing...

Thread: Enzo is turning into such a handsome dog :) Just worried about one thing...

Alex is offline Member

DefaultEnzo is turning into such a handsome dog :) Just worried about one thing...

Hi all Enzo is turning out to be a really cute little guy... I emphasize the word "little" because he is just over 5months and 1 week old and he is only just over 40 lbs (18kg) He is a slim little boy, not the stockier English type Lab... More American id guess Although he has grown tons! What do you guys think about his weight for his age? and yeah, he has the perfect weight for his size, im sort of just referring to his size, if you think he's a bit small?

But now to my main concern, he hasnt had an accident inside for almost 2 weeks now, but before that it was maybe a month since he did... he seems to drink no water, and then take in 3 litres in one go, so i cant predict when next he will need it, i can tell he sort of knows he shouldnt go inside, but if he really is desperate and im not watching, i think he'll slip one out :/ He isnt a vocal dog at all, other than at the cats and occasionally the other dog, to play... he knows the "speak" command though, i was wondering if i make him speak everytime i let him out the door, do you think he will start to bark when he needs to go out? Problem is he doesnt want to be outside, unless im there... he will just wait at the front door... even with summer outside to play with... So im worried, he will just go inside instead of asking to be let out because im inside and he likes it here :/ He has on occasion given me signals to go out to pee, but they are subtle, could easily be mistaken for him just coming over to play with me...

Poster Enzxgvxcvy.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

My Bean is only about 60 lbs, but seems to be filling out the past few months, so he'll probably end up around 65 lbs, I guess. Just from a smaller line of field bred dogs.
    Enzo will probably learn to speak to go outside if you have him do it each time. Some people get the dog to ring a bell that is attached to the door.

Alex is offline Member

Thanks Yeah the bell will just be viewed as something to throw around in his case...he is great with household stuff... but he loves to throw around mats, dish cloths and ropes :/ but I feel, why get a bell when he is capable of barking haha

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

greg is offline Senior Member

they sort of stall out on gaining weight at 5 months then start gaing again,

deidra is offline Senior Member

I would still just take him out every hour or so and make sure he goes till you cant rain him that if he barks out the door he goes outside. My yellow lab weight only 60lb's(surprised me really since he was the same weight last year) My black lab weight 75lb's! so it just depends on the dog and I think genes(if the parents were bigger the pup would be bigger)
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.