Buddy is a Labradork

Thread: Buddy is a Labradork

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultBuddy is a Labradork

Most often when Buddy rides in the car it is to get to the Bark Park. Saturday's ride did not go where he expected. Buddy and Jack went to the vet's Saturday morning. When we go to the vet's, They are very excited and drag me to the exercise yard for a quick pit stop and sniff, and then to the front door. Saturday was different. Out of the car and a mad dash to the front door. Might have been the rain, but once inside they both sniffed the premises like they were tracking something be it crumb or explosives. After the grande sniff Jack laid down in front of me and Buddy hopped up on the bench next to me and sat very close and very alert. I am not sure who was protecting who. When it came time to get weighed, Buddy went first. What a performance. The scale sits just inside the entrance door to the left. It is a mat that is about 4.5 feet by 2.5 feet and sits in the corner of the waiting room. He first tried to leave the building. Then he headed into the corner, turned around and sat down all scootched up in the corner. Pulled him onto the mat. He leaned against the wall. Then he started playing the hokey pokey. He took his front right paw on then put his right paw off etc etc.Sat down turned around, shook, always seemed to have at least one part of his anatomy off the the mat. After readings from 47 pounds to 85, Jack got involved at one point we agreed that 76.5 was close enough. 10 pounds more than he weighed last year.

Buddy did not want to leave the waiting room. Once into the exam room he jumped up on the bench and tried to sit behind me. Did not want to leave the room to get his blood drawn and had to be pushed forward to get examined by the vet. A soon as he could he was back on the bench trying to sit behind him. All in all. a good report. His ear drums have healed nicely, he has a good coat, and his weight was fine according to the vet. He was quite happy to get back to the car thank you very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I am glad you got good reports at the vet! Sophie actually likes going to the vet. She knows where she is and prances in like she owns the place. I don't think she remembers being spayed, as the drugs effect memory. So what she remembers are lots of ooohs and aaaahhhs and pets and loves and treats from the vets and the techs. I hope it continues to stay that way. I'd hate for her to be scared.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Dad View Post
    What a performance. The scale sits just inside the entrance door to the left. It is a mat that is about 4.5 feet by 2.5 feet and sits in the corner of the waiting room. He first tried to leave the building. Then he headed into the corner, turned around and sat down all scootched up in the corner. Pulled him onto the mat. He leaned against the wall. Then he started playing the hokey pokey. He took his front right paw on then put his right paw off etc etc.Sat down turned around, shook, always seemed to have at least one part of his anatomy off the the mat.
    OMG... that sounds like what my Lexi does. I struggle enough getting her into the vet's office, then I can get her on the scale, but be still... NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!!!

The scale reading bounces all over from her moving & fidgeting, typically I see readings anywhere between 55 - 85 lbs. She actually weighs in the mid to high 60'
    's.

My pretty girl, Lexi!