OMG- off topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG- off topic

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

DefaultOMG- off topic

So my sister is one of those people who complain and complain and when you try to offer suggestions she shoots them down left and right. She has two boxers, one is 10 yrs old and not doing so well. Having a hard time walking and keeps falling down. I suggest getting more skid proof rugs to cover hard floors and she's like "no I would have to get like 5 of them to cover them" so then she tells me how he is throwing up everyday and has been for 10 years. I suggested it could be diet related...she says "no he's been eating the same food all these years" I was like "dahhh"...so then she goes on to tell me that boxers don't need a lot of exercise because they are so hyper they wear themselves out. I was like "WHAT"....she said they don't need regular walks because they wiggle so much. I could not believe what I was hearing. Can you believe some people. Sorry I just had to vent....I wonder sometimes if we are truly related!
    Katie adopted by koko

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Sounds to me like she is in denial because she knows you have valid points. Poor dog.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Curious -- my guess is that this is an older sister.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

I am the only true animal lover in my family and extended family and I really get disgusted with their views on pets i.e. keeping dogs outside, etc. I just stay away, LOL!

justine is offline Senior Member

I have some idiots in my family too... I now call one of my aunts "cat killer" because she left her old, sick cat on the side of the road in the middle of winter.. my cousin went the next day to get him when she found out and he hadn't moved.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Christmas is coming. Buy her a book about Boxers and dog training. Maybe she'd take the advice better that way.

HappyKewlGirl is offline Junior Member

Wow...I have a sister who isn't much better. She is a believer that dogs are disposable and they belong outside and shouldn't make a mess of her unkempt yard. LOL I got 2 dogs and a much nicer and cleaner yard. We recently got a GSD pup who is 6 months old and I hear she says that she has no idea why we would even think about getting another dog. I mean she has babies and I have dogs and I love them just as much as she loves her kids...geeze why would she want another baby, UGHHH!!
    Junior's Mamma ~ Yellow Lab
    Quincy's Momma ~ GSD
    Cujo's Servant ~ Crazy Cat

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

That's why I love this board....we all love animals SO MUCH!! Noone thinks we're stupid for the things we do for our dogs.

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

Bob, yes she is an older sister! LOL why???
    Katie adopted by koko

sarah is offline Senior Member

Don't get me started on family views on pets. My parents still think I am an idiot for spaying Milly before she had a litter. "she'll never be right now you've taken away her chance to have a litter! She'll always have that urge you know!"

Oh FFS grow up!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast