Poor Sophie...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Sophie...

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultPoor Sophie...

We had the boys all home for several weeks during the Christmas Holidays. Sophie loves her boys, especially my middle son. He walks her and playes with her and loves on her all the time. He is a teacher and lives 100 miles away. He and my other son had to leave Sunday to go back to school. Sophie has been so sad. She lays on her chair and looks out the window all the time! She hasn't been napping as much, because every car she hears, she goes back to the window. Last night at 3:30am she woke me and my husband, kind of moaning. We looked her over and talked to her. We were worried she was sick. We opened the back door to see if she needed to go out to potty. NOPE! She walked past the back door to my son's room and got on his bed. She whimpered. My heart broke for her.
    I told my son today about how sad she is. At about 5pm who walks in the door??? My son!! Sophie was ecstatic! She was all over him! Hugging his neck and giving him kisses! I didn't even know he was coming! She played ball with him, went for a walk with him and is sleeping like a baby at his feet right now. He has to leave to be back at his school by 6:30am. He says he'll be back Friday after work, and since Monday is a holiday, Sophie will get to have him home for 3 1/2 days!!! Poor girl. Some people say that dogs don't feel or think the way humans do, and don't miss people. Like out of sight is out of mind. I beg to differ.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BrucesMom is offline Senior Member

Aww poor girl good to hear she has her friend back for a while. I know what you mean Bruce was at the vet today and poor Gracie was just lost she mopped(sp) around the house all day.

I am sure glad Bruce is home and his surgery went well.
    ~Pam

8.5 mo.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Awwwww what a sweet dog you have. And what a soft touch your son is.....I love it!!!

felicity62 is offline Member

oh bless her!! she missed him x

elle.burns is offline Senior Member

nawww how cuuuute!
    i have to leave my girl for 3 weeks in march, i have a friend coming to house sit/puppy sit but im worried sick she will react the same way while we're gone

Quote Originally Posted by elle.burns View Post
    nawww how cuuuute!
    i have to leave my girl for 3 weeks in march, i have a friend coming to house sit/puppy sit but im worried sick she will react the same way while we're gone
    She probably will. Its soooo sad! Is your friend going to stay at your house 24/7?
    ~Pam

8.5 mo.

awww i know ive been tearing up all week...and i still have 7 weeks till i fly out!
    yeah she is coming to live at our house with josie, although my friend works full time at least she'll be home at 5pm and josie will have company at night time
    I usually take josie to my mums house, she loves it there my mum has my other lab maggie, but im going overseas to get married so virtually everyone we know is coming over too!..so i am very grateful my co-worker offered to puppysit.. i am a little worried though no one loves her like i do
    Got any advice for this emotional wreck?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by elle.burns View Post
    awww i know ive been tearing up all week...and i still have 7 weeks till i fly out!
    yeah she is coming to live at our house with josie, although my friend works full time at least she'll be home at 5pm and josie will have company at night time
    I usually take josie to my mums house, she loves it there my mum has my other lab maggie, but im going overseas to get married so virtually everyone we know is coming over too!..so i am very grateful my co-worker offered to puppysit.. i am a little worried though no one loves her like i do
    Got any advice for this emotional wreck?? lol
    Congratulations!!! Where are you flying to for the wedding? Exciting! 3 weeks!! Wow, now that's a honeymoon!!! No advice for your emotions over leaving Josie. I can relate! I worry when I am gone for even a little while.Too bad she can't go with you. But, I suppose a honeymoon is no place for a dog!
    ~Pam

8.5 mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiesmama View Post
    Congratulations!!! Where are you flying to for the wedding? Exciting! 3 weeks!! Wow, now that's a honeymoon!!! No advice for your emotions over leaving Josie. I can relate! I worry when I am gone for even a little while.Too bad she can't go with you. But, I suppose a honeymoon is no place for a dog!
    haha aww well thankyou!
    we're getting married in thailand then shooting over to the maldives for our honeymoon..oh dont u worry my fiance and i have already said how much we wish josie could come...she would LOVE swimming around the clear blue waters of the maldives im sure.. lol maybe sneek her in my luggage??

The more people I meet, The more I like my dog...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast