I'm so bummed out. Need to vent. :(
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so bummed out. Need to vent. :(

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm so bummed out. Need to vent. :(

Well, the feet are raging in full force right now. I guess thankfully, it doesn't seem to be painful to them. Same exact pattern as last time: Simon has NO hair left on the tops of two of his feet, and it's gone in patches on the other two. Angus has sketchy, patchy hair loss and red sores on his.

I'm a little irritated with the vet (again) too...he has Simon scheduled for surgery next Wednesday, but can't tell me what time. Apparently it's "too early to know." What? I called too far in advance? I would really like to be able to plan this so I could request time off from work. He's supposed to call me Monday and let me know how the schedule looks, and then he'll be able to give me a time.

I think they're operating on the assumption that most people drop their dogs off in the morning and pick them up at night, so it doesn't matter. I don't happen to like doing that...I like to bring them, wait, and leave with them.

I just don't see what's so hard about giving me a specific time.

And (yes, there's more whining), I am not supposed to give Simon anything or put anything on his feet until then. So I just feel like I'm sitting here doing nothing, watching it get worse. Nothing like that to make you feel like a bad Mom. I can give Angus whatever, since he's not the one doing the biopsy, but to tell the truth I've been putting ACV on his feet and it doesn't seem to be making one bit of difference, so I've quit that too.

I tell you what: I BETTER get some answers after this test. Mommy's going to be very pissed off if this doesn't get diagnosed this time.

OK...if you've read this far, thank you. Just very frustrated. So now, a funny story:

Tonight I came home and Angus followed me into my closet while I changed clothes. He likes to come in and steal one of my Crocs and take it into the living room, so I can come in and say "Drop it!" and he'll get a treat. Yes, I inadvertently trained him to steal shoes doing this...anyway...

He comes in and gets the Croc and tries to back out of the closet, but the door is in his way. They are those sliding/foldback doors. So Angus SLAMS his butt into the door, BREAKS the door (!!!) and throws it off its track. WTH?! And he didn't even seem to notice.

Labs...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Vent away!

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus View Post
    ...He likes to come in and steal one of my Crocs and take it into the living room, so I can come in and say "Drop it!" and he'll get a treat. Yes, I inadvertently trained him to steal shoes doing this...
    You're not alone. Knowing Caleb has a real penchant for picking up things he shouldn't, I taught him at an early age "Bring it here." So now, when he thinks he's not getting enough attention, he picks up something and peaks at me from behind the TV until I notice. Of course he gets tons of hugs and kisses when he brings it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus View Post
    ...He comes in and gets the Croc and tries to back out of the closet, but the door is in his way. They are those sliding/foldback doors. So Angus SLAMS his butt into the door, BREAKS the door (!!!) and throws it off its track. WTH?! And he didn't even seem to notice.

Labs...
    LOL Kind of reminds me of the year my nephew was showing my late sister's QH at Congress. Huey (the horse) started acting up during judging, and backed all the way across the ring. Putting his big, fat rump through the plywood wall.

SeaWolfLabs is offline Senior Member

Connie, I certainly do not blame you one bit for being irritated.
    If necessary, you can always pull a Shirley McClain, ala Terms of Endearment tantrum to get this thing figured out! i feel for the boys too...cant be comfortable for them.

Angus and the crocs lol....just LOL

Aidan- UCH Kelrobins Yellow Brick Road aka/ The PorkChop

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I'll be practicing my Shirley MacLaine this weekend.

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

Oh man, Connie, I'd be annoyed as crap too.

LOL @ Angus... Henery has the "bring it here" command down pat. He also has a fetish for shoes and oven mitts.

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Aww, LOL at Angus and the Croc! Those things are about the perfect consistency to gnaw on, according to Charlotte (of course, the nasty hospital smells help too I'm sure).

Scheduling ... that is frustrating! I'll share this and maybe it will make you feel better - where I used to work we didn't fill our surgery days right away, so generally the night before we'd sit down and make a plan of attack. Certain things (complicated things, stuff that might take a while, needs close monitoring post-op, etc.) went first in the day, while routine stuff went later. So if we had a spay, a neuter, a declaw - we'd do the declaw, spay, neuter. If we had an amputation, declaw, splenectomy - we'd do spleen, amputation, declaw. Maybe that's what is going on with the "too early" to tell you a time? They're waiting to fill the other slots in the day?

If they've always given times early on in the past though then I'd be fuming too! It's frustrating to schedule your day around someone else and have them drag their feet to let you know times!

Continued good thoughts for you and the boys

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Damn that must really be annoying. I can't stand not having answers. I hope you have some soon.

That Angus, nothing gets between that boy and a treat. Not even a closet door.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

georgie is offline Senior Member

Connie, I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. Poor boys. I hope you get some answers soon.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

What a mess for you and the boys! The crocs though, sorry that made me LOL

sarah is offline Senior Member

I hope this test gives you the answers you need to help treat your boys.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast