Why do you love the lab breed(or another breed u own )
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you love the lab breed(or another breed u own )

deidra is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhy do you love the lab breed(or another breed u own )

I love labs because of their personality and they make you get out and exercise,lol. I love the Mutt because they are a "surprise". You don't really know what the dog might be like as a puppy or grow up to look like and I love that.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

If you have a lab you shouldn't have to ask that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    If you have a lab you shouldn't have to ask that ?
    I know but people have different opinions of why they love the breed

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

It's funny you should ask that. I have had 4 labs over a period of about 15 years. I love labs as a breed - friendly, smart, good looking, active, fun-loving and just that "I think you are the most wonderful thing in the world" look that they can give you (especially if you are eating). BUT, after getting Baxter, I realize that the sheer exhuberance and size make them a little more difficult to raise for older people and I'm always wondering what my next dog would be if I get another one after Emilu dies. I thought about different breeds when I got Baxter, but just couldn't imagine myself without a lab. I really like larger dogs (although can certainly see myself with a nice little Papillion to show in obedience when I'm "really older"), and looking at "medium size dogs that aren't terrier" is what I'm doing now. But I just keep going back to those wonderful being called "labradorks"

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

I love my lab(s) because he (they) love me. They're sweet, gentle, velcro like, lovable, snuggable, loyal ...

What's not to love?
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Deidra, that's funny about the exercise part. When people asked me how to lose weight (I lost about 8# when Zoe was a puppy), I told them "Get A Lab!!!"

They make me laugh and smile every.single.day. Not just Zoe, but all the labs I know personally, and the ones on the boards. I love their "clean" looks, gentleness yet playfulness. They are intelligent and eager to please and to train.

It's funny, because it seems as though Zoe knows how to act in different situations. With babies and kids, she is so gentle and calm. At the beach, she is a monkey-nut.

We had dachshunds growing up. They are comical, and the ones we had were very gentle, inquisitive and also had the "clean" look about them.

I am older, and though I want another lab, I don't think I'll be able to handle the size. I may downsize to a sausage dog. : )
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    It's funny you should ask that. I have had 4 labs over a period of about 15 years. I love labs as a breed - friendly, smart, good looking, active, fun-loving and just that "I think you are the most wonderful thing in the world" look that they can give you (especially if you are eating). BUT, after getting Baxter, I realize that the sheer exhuberance and size make them a little more difficult to raise for older people and I'm always wondering what my next dog would be if I get another one after Emilu dies. I thought about different breeds when I got Baxter, but just couldn't imagine myself without a lab. I really like larger dogs (although can certainly see myself with a nice little Papillion to show in obedience when I'm "really older"), and looking at "medium size dogs that aren't terrier" is what I'm doing now. But I just keep going back to those wonderful being called "labradorks"
    We are retired people. When we lost our Maggie in May, and began to look for another lab puppy, we had forgotten how crazed lab pups can be! I am 60 and my husband is 65. Luckily our grown sons are around a lot and help out with her. Sophie is a handful and a joy all rolled into one. We are actually lucky to be retired, that way she is never alone. We don't have to worry about leaving her for 8 hr work days, so being "older" has its benefits when raising a lab puppy. I wouldn't recommend getting a lab pup if you are handicapped or have trouble getting around or walking. I think that as we get older, and if we were to lose Sophie, we would still want a lab, but would go with an older dog if we were not able to get around very well.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

I love them because they come in so many colours and can be breaded.

Moses is offline Member

Labs reach out and touch your soul. It starts with the eyes, then everything else about them falls in line. They have you at "hello" You absolutely have to love the breed, no other dog can get away with the things a Lab does You have to know the breed understand them and have the breed in you.....God made them super special.... a little heaven on earth.....they are also proof God DOES have a sense of humor
    .....And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water. Exodus 2:10

Some interesting answers. My mom told me yesterday that when she gets older if she will not be able to get labs she wants a great dane and a chi,lol. I hope I'm always able to have a lab and wouldn't mind having a rottweiler or a mutt either

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast