Finally a pic of the three dogs together!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a pic of the three dogs together!

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

DefaultFinally a pic of the three dogs together!

Back from vacation... I had a couple of hectic weeks with the holidays and couldn´t visit the forum.

Things are going well and not so well with the dogs... Going well in that the puppy is housebroken, gets along great with Misha and Homer, is a very gentle, sensitive and loving soul and ˇHe doesn´t bark! (Collies tend to be terrible barkers from what I´ve read, which I really was concerned about because I don´t like noisy dogs).

Going not well: There are many squirrels around and my "dear" neighbor feeds them with his rotten food, that they munch and throw leftovers in my yard... so the puppy ate something and got ill. Then Homer got ill, now Misha is also sick. So I have three dogs with loose stools. Not fun. I´ve been treating them but they are still sick.

So far I´ve learned Collies are TOTALLY different than Labs in personality. When I say he´s sensitive, he really IS sensitive. Misha and Homer are used my usual grumpiness and when I correct them for something they are like... "ok ok sorry pop" and they just go back to their usual selves. This guy hears a harsh word and walks aways goes and hide in a corner and kind of "locks out". Another thing I totally wasn´t used to is that he eats SO slow... Misha and Homer take less than a minute to eat their food, this guy takes forever.

And finally, he´s incredibly gentle for a 4 month old puppy. He LOVES hugs, he will climb in my lap and lick my ears, he has an incredibly soft mouth, he´s mouthy like most pups but very gentle. I remember Misha at that age... it was impossible to have a calm time and just rub her. She just wanted to bite me play, fiddle... Homer was just a tad calmer but also very mouthy (he still is when you rub his belly, he gives love nibbles).

Anyway, here are some pics of the kids. I love them all, they are wonderful. I´m so proud of Misha and Homer for accepting the puppy so well, they play very well and put up with all his puppy antics (especially Misha, she´s wonderful). Actually this morning the pup was alone in the yard and he yipped (don´t know what happened, probably got pinched by one of the rose plants I have) and Misha ran immediately to check him out.

"Look at my tongue" LOL

Three Dogs together YAY!

Handsome Homer

Belly up

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

OMG the first one is adorable and funny!!

oops no handsome Homer pic... here it is

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Swamplily is offline Senior Member

Sweet puppies! That would worry me about what the neightbor is feeding the squirrls. Would it be possible to make sure he knows what things are toxic to dogs and ask him not to feed those things to the squirrls since it ends up in your yard?
    Abby, Blk Lab, born 12-15-05
    Taco, Beagle, gotcha 1-15-09
    Ernie - Y-Farms Honest Ernesto, CGC, Blk Lab, born 10-4-09

georgie is offline Senior Member

Wonderful pictures. You have three beautiful dogs. I too would worry about what kind of food your neighbor is tossing for the squirrels. Any chance you could ask him?

deidra is offline Senior Member

Adorable! My grandpa feeds his squirells to and one fo the neighbors said that he was accidentley throwing them into his yard and so my grandpa now only throws the food in one spot. Would your neighbor be able to do that to?
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Awesome pictures of 3 beautiful dogs!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

patm is offline Senior Member

I love the pictures of them sleeping together - so sweet

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

So beautiful! Glad the dogs are getting along so well.

So far everything great. Today we had our first "challenge" during our morning walk. A stray german shepard dog charged at us. The puppy behaved perfect, he just ignored the stupid dog. Misha was getting ready to defend her boys (as she usually does when other dogs try to attack us), but no biggie... I challenged the stray and he backed off. The puppy is amazing on the leash, he doesn´t pull at all and walks by my side.

The only thing right now is that puppy is now Vermont Van Gogh... one of his ears fell to the side, I don´t know why... I loved his tippy ears and now he looks funny. Hope it comes back up or I will have to tape those ears in position

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast