Best Dog Beds - Any recommendations?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Dog Beds - Any recommendations?

Lily is offline Member

DefaultBest Dog Beds - Any recommendations?

I tried searching the forums in every way I could think of, but "Bed", "dog bed", "orthopedic", and "Memory foam" didn't yield the results I expected - or, in the case of the first two, didn't yield results at all because the words were too small or too common.

Its time for a better, bigger bed for Lily than the Boots & Barkley one I got at target when I first brought her home.

I looked at Orvis, Cabelas, Drs. Foster & Smith, and a few other places. They range from the REALLY expensive to the really lame. Any advice or personal favorites? Did I miss any place you recommend? Lily already told me she wants a bolster bed so she can snuggle leaning against something.

Orvis: $289 for the large memory foam or $198 for the large polyfill.

DrsFosterSmith.com: $112 for the 51" round

Cabelas: $134 for the large
    Lily at 5 months old at Wrightsville Beach, NC

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Almost a year ago, I bought two Pooch PLanet tm donut beds at Sam's club for something like $35 each. All the dogs love them. They have zip out washable covers. I wanted to get 2 more and a friend wanted one, but Sam's isn't selling the large ones now, only the smaller size. Now I can't find them anywhere even on the internet.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Do you have a Costco's nearby. You can pick up a great bed for under $40. HK loves hers. Rectagular, round, different fabric designs, but not always have them all.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

Check online at Costco if you are not a member. I am not, and I got a good bed there for very cheap. They add 5% to your order if you are not a member.
    Also I don't know if this what you would consider bolster but overstock.com:

http://www.overstock.com/Gifts-Flowe...4/product.html (they also have a larger one)

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Costco, hands down. For an excellent product and best prices.

Seamus and Flynn

Wendy B. is offline Senior Member

Totally agree with Costco-got a bolster bed and you couldn't beat the price. I think it was maybe 40.00

justine is offline Senior Member

Abbey has had a couple from Sam's Club - one was "donut" shaped - Abbey would curl up in a ball and adored it! The other was an orthopedic bed that was rectangular - very cushioned and comfy.

Then came kitty who decided to pee all over both of them multiple times. So no more dog beds for Abbey!

mommacomet is offline Senior Member

I have went through so many dog beds its crazy. From cheap to expensive trying to find the perfect bed. Several years ago I found a baby bed mattress at a garage sale. My husband made a cover for it (kind of like a pillow case that has a flap and heavy duty snaps on one end) and I just put baby bed sheets over the cover and dogs love it.
    I would take pics for you now but its in our room. Here is our golden on it. She loved it as she was getting older and it offered her support and yet comfort off the floor.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

i have always had the beds from costco, but recently, my dogs informed me that an egg carton crate (like the kind they used on hospital beds) with a microfleece plush throw on it was the BEST. I made one for Jax after his TPLO as an ortho bed. They ALL want that bed now. So I went to Walmart and got some memory foam crate material and some more plush throws and made a few more.

AZLAB is offline Senior Member

Cinnamon has a crib mattress in the bedroom for stretching out at night. I just use crib sheets on it and give her a fleece throw. In the family room she has a Costco bed. The Costco bed is under $25 and I can wash it, they are hard to find during the Christmas season as floor space is so valuable most Costco's don't carry them. But come January they will have them again. When it gets yucky I just toss it and buy a new one.
    Karon and Cinnamon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast