TOTW-Rotating Formulas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOTW-Rotating Formulas?

dukesmommy22 is offline Senior Member

DefaultTOTW-Rotating Formulas?

TOTW feeders...I have only tried the High Prairie formula, but I would like to rotate. I am wondering if my 2 will eat the other formulas as well...they really like the taste of the venison. I don't want them to get bored though, so I want to rotate. Do yours do fine rotating? Javasmom I know you rotate, how do yours do? Paisley is 10 months, so I know I should wait to feed the Pacific Stream formula. TIA.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I have been feeding Bruno and Duke only High Prarie. Never thought about rotating. As long as something is working, I'm afraid to change. Judy and Mitzi are on Wellness Core which seems to work well for Mitzi's allergy, but lately she has been having loose irregular stools so I'm thinking of switching her to TOTW which helped the same problem Bruno once had. It would be great if I could get them all on the same food. If you rotate TOTW varieties, let us know how it works out for you.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

My girls do great on a rotation. I rotate foods daily...so they get a different food for breakfast and a different food for dinner. They had no problems rotating through the different TOTW formulas. I did start off slowly when introducing a new formula, but it was a one time thing. Once they had been on the food once I didn't need to transition them each time, just switched it up every day.
    I have added a couple of new foods into the rotation now also-Fromm Beef Frittata, Fromm Surf & Turf and NV Instinct Duck & Turkey Meal, but I do still rotate TOTW Pacific Stream, High Prairie and Sierra Mountain.
    My girls do great on all TOTW formulas. It's my base food...the one I will always go back to that I know they do exceptionally well on.
    I like rotating foods...I like that I have multiple foods/formulas to choose from that I know they do well on, just in case of a supply issue among other reasons. I also just like to change it up for them, so they are not eating the same food every day, give them a variety of proteins and protein levels.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I have been feeding TOTW Pacific Stream. Sophie has done well on it, but is growing tired of it. She has to be coaxed to eat it, and I often have to sprinkle some cheese or veggies in it to get her interested. Sophie has allergies. We are fairly sure to chicken and grain. Possibly beef, though not sure. I was thinking of trying a small bag of the venison kibble or Duck or something. I am not sure which way to go.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

I use all the varieties with our boys with no problems at all. TOTW just came out with a puppy formula and we're using that on the pup as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiesmama View Post
    I have been feeding TOTW Pacific Stream. Sophie has done well on it, but is growing tired of it. She has to be coaxed to eat it, and I often have to sprinkle some cheese or veggies in it to get her interested. Sophie has allergies. We are fairly sure to chicken and grain. Possibly beef, though not sure. I was thinking of trying a small bag of the venison kibble or Duck or something. I am not sure which way to go.
    Try either the High Prairie (venison) or Sierra Mountain (lamb).
    I am not 100% sure that the Wetlands variety is chicken-free-I believe it is, but I'd have to check.
    Nature's Variety Instinct also has limited ingredient varieties that you could try and rotate in.

Thanks for your responses! Mitziandjudysmom I will let you know how it goes-BTW I love your new siggy pic! Javasmom thanks for your input, I mostly want to rotate too so they aren't always eating the same thing. I also like that they'll be getting diff. proteins and such like you said. I will stick with just rotating TOTW for a little bit, I'm afraid to do anything else right now in fear that they will get ear infections again. I swear by TOTW ever since my dogs ears have been completely clean since on it consistently. I hadn't thought about rotating for each meal, that would be a good idea. Does your food stay fresh by getting 2 bags? I'm thinking of trying Sierra Mountain next.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by dukesmommy22 View Post
    Thanks for your responses! Mitziandjudysmom I will let you know how it goes-BTW I love your new siggy pic! Javasmom thanks for your input, I mostly want to rotate too so they aren't always eating the same thing. I also like that they'll be getting diff. proteins and such like you said. I will stick with just rotating TOTW for a little bit, I'm afraid to do anything else right now in fear that they will get ear infections again. I swear by TOTW ever since my dogs ears have been completely clean since on it consistently. I hadn't thought about rotating for each meal, that would be a good idea. Does your food stay fresh by getting 2 bags? I'm thinking of trying Sierra Mountain next.
    I keep the food in airtight bons, so it stays fresh.
    In the summer when it's hotter/more humid I buy the 15lb bags instead of 30 lb bags because we don't have central air in our house.

Gotcha thanks. We have an airtight container as well and do not have central air, so that makes sense for summer.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I rotate many of the Acana "flavors" as long as they're grain-free and haven't had an issue. I jump right from one to another and back again. The composition is similar enough that none of my guys have had digestive upset because of it.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast