When is Enough Enough?

Thread: When is Enough Enough?

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhen is Enough Enough?

We have been a consumer of Eagle Pack Dog Food for over a quarter of a century. For those who do not know Eagle is now a part of Wellness. They will continue to manufacture Eagle Pack in a town near us.

The company introduced new packaging along with some changes in formula for some of their lines last month October. The old bags of food were on sale for $10 off. I stocked up with enough to last us through early 2010.

While shopping for Secret Santa I saw the new bags on the shelf. The bag of Holistic Chicken and Rice now weighs 30 pounds. The cost has gone up $5.00 at this store. Although I have not had a chance to compare the formula on the new bag to the old I am under the impression the C&R did not change. For $5.00 more I can now buy a bag of food that weighs three pounds less than before.

I am a believer in not fixing things that are not broken. Both of our dogs enjoy good health. The C&R has been a perfect food for them.

I noticed the store had huge signs saying how the food was still made locally. I am not sure how much of a marketing tool that is to a company in this day and age of economic cutbacks and belt tightening.

I have heard that shooting yourself in the foot can be painful. I am wondering how much of a backlash Eagle will feel over these changes.

My question is when is enough enough?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

I hate all these changes.

Laura

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I just googled Eagle Pack dog food and looked at the ingredients list for some. I don't know if what's posted is the new formula after Wellness took over or the old one. All of the adult formulas I scanned had corn fairly near the front of the list.

You might compare the new ingredients with some other possibilities.

We feed Costco's house brand Kirkland which has no corn or wheat and costs about $27/40 lb. bag.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

oakley is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure but when Canidae changed . . . . so did we - to another food.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

EP is a much better food than Kirkland's. I've fed both and although my guys did good on Kirkland (except for Dutch); they have excelled on EP Duck. EP duck has no barley in it; which is another reason I feed it.
    I hate them making changes though...not good for the consumer and I told them so on their facebook page!