We are making more progress!

Thread: We are making more progress!

mommacomet is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe are making more progress!

Katie is getting better about the cats. If I tell her to leave it she is now where she will do so the majority of the time as well as when I say come to do so more times than not. Huge strides compared to her dragging me to get at the cat no matter how many times I said leave it, come or any another command. I am sure its not just her but me as well getting better with being calmer. Its a team effort!

She is sitting out here looking at me when she is normally in bed by now but she decided about an hour ago that it was time for my hubby to wake up and play with her. OOOPS! He gets up for work at 3:30a and she normally crawls up on bed with him (my side) and sleeps until I come in and then she sleeps on my feet or moves to the chaise lounge. She went to bed with him about 9 after a long game of fetch with me and going potty. He come out into the livingroom eyes half open and said well so much for sleeping...he said all of sudden he was hit in the chest by a very heavy, fur coated monster with a water bottle wanting to play...LOL She is just hanging out here with me. Doesn't want to play, go potty, did eat a slice of my orange (who knew!) and kept sticking her head into the shower when I was in there. I was waiting to have her join me. She was waiting for the shower to shut off and the water to come from the faucet for a fresh drink!

I felt sorry for her a little bit ago. When we got Katie, her owner said she had been trained to hunt. He handed me her training collar and said that he never used the shock part, only the tone. Well if you look at the remote both buttons are equally used. Its been sitting in my desk since. I was cleaning out that drawer and when I pulled it out she cocked her head so I held it out to her and she took one sniff and ran around the corner of the desk and wouldn't come near me until I put it away. Bless her heart. The moment I put it away she came over and sat down beside me. Tells me a whole lot!

I want to thank you all for your encouragement with Katie. We may be taking baby steps each day but when I look back over the 2 1/2 months she has been here its like one giant step!

Peg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix is offline Senior Member

She just have to get used to that there are also other creatures around her

Laika love cat's, she loves them so much, she wants to jump on evry cat she faces (not always handy!)

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

You are doing a wonderful job. Katie is lucky to have you.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

I also think you're doing a good job. I'd throw the shock collar away, or at least never show her again. Poor thing. I'm glad you've got her now.

justine is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you are doing a great job with her! It's true- training really is a team effort.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you are doing a great job - keep us posted on her progress.