Lost tags

Thread: Lost tags

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultLost tags

Sophie lost all her tags off her collar during a walk today. We back-tracked and had no luck finding them. She lost her I.D. tag with her name and my phone number, her rabies tag and the little yellow house tag that shows she is micro chipped. It includes her chip number and a toll free number in case she is found. I called the vet, and they said the chip company might be able to replace it. Have you ever had one replaced? The rabies tag isn't replacable, but I have her certificate. I had a new I.D. tag made today. As fast as she is, I am always afraid she might get away from us. So far she has took off running and luckily one of my sons was here and caught her. If she got away from me, this old lady wouldn't be able to catch her! In other news, so far so good with the tree. We watch her closely, she tries to nab a ball an take off with it from time to time, but so far we have been able to get her to leave it when we catch her.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

My first lab Phoenix lost her tags and a year after she died I had a call from someone who found them in a field we had been playing in. Unbelievable.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

bigbrownsmom is offline Senior Member

I have ordered replacement tags from the chip company. Don't know if it is the same company or not but they can do it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

I got Bean a collar with a nameplate on it because the jingly tags bug me sometimes. He doesn't wear his rabies tag.
    He's been awesome leaving the Christmas tree! And the gifts under it! Maybe because I have a squirt bottle. If I point the bottle at him, he shakes his head as if he's actually been squirted

Bean is so funny! So far Sophie has done ok too. We have to watch really closely. We don't plan to leave it up very long. I actually like the jingley noise from Sophie's tags, it acts as a locator device so I can tell quite often if she's up to no good!
    ~Pam

8.5 mo.

vanike927 is offline Senior Member

You should be able to reorder microchip tags from the company. Or you can always make one from a regular ID tag (instead of your phone number just put Microchip ID:xxxxxx). I know here in Los Angeles, if you send the city the microchip information when you pay the license you have an option of buying a tag with that information on it as well. Maybe your city offers something similar?
    Last edited by vanike927; 12-26-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added informaiton

Thanks, I'll check with the county.
    ~Pam

8.5 mo.