Am I crazy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

DefaultAm I crazy?

So you guys know I adopted Koko (6yr) 2 months ago. I also have a 12 yr. old preteen, a 10 yr old and a 1 year old (all human). To make matters worse my husband has to work out of town till March. The closest family I have are in Arkansas, so I'm pretty much doing everything by myself. And I still want to adopt another Lab. I search rescues daily...torturing myself. We currently rent due to my husbands job relocating us so often and the way I spoil my dog financially(expensive food, pet insurance, etc) it would be a little difficult to afford another one but that doesn't stop me by wanting another one soooooooooooo bad. What is wrong with me???
    Katie adopted by koko

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Nope. I do it ALL the time. But I stay good- I just can't afford another one...

Must...stay... away... from.... Petfinder......

*sigh*

Lucy
    Home of:

Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
    Poopy-Toby-JRT 2004-
    Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
    And 30-some Miniature Horses...

www.fieldofdreamsminihorses.com

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I do it all of the time too. Constantly looking on Petfinder, feeling terrible that I can't adopt . . . I don't know why I do it to myself either.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Yes, you definitely are crazy (but I understand...)

Bella

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

LOL!!! Good I'm not the only one! Maybe if Koko wasn't so damn wonderful I wouldn't want another!!
    Katie adopted by koko

justine is offline Senior Member

Yep - I torture myself, too.

joflake is offline Senior Member

I think you will find that we all do it here. We just love our labs so much we want more and more of them. I'm always looking for a third, but then stop and realize what that would mean to the family. I also have three cats so my vet bills are not cheap. I don't want to adopt another one and then have to skimp on the care. Know what I mean?

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Yep I am also guilty! Another dog just isn't in the cards right now. We hope to be making a move in the next year or so, and we freq. take off on one or two night trips. Sammi does well, but two would make it a little more difficult to make those spur of the moment trips. I do know once we get moved, hopfully with a little more property we will have at least one more. So until then I look and torture myself.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I think we all do that. I'd love to have a chocolate but know that my girls wouldn't really share mom and dad well with a third one so I don't go there. However, like you, it doesn't stop me from looking, wanting and dreaming. Labs are like M&M's. One don't cut it, two is better but more would be best.

I give you credit, you know it's not something you can do right now. It's just living with the longing for another one.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Hell - I could afford a rescue but finding the time to train another dog and still lavish love on my current bed mates just rules that out !

Carry on dreaming but don't be tempted !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast