It was 1 month yesterday ...............
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It was 1 month yesterday ...............

Garth is offline Registered Users

DefaultIt was 1 month yesterday ...............

that my yellow boy moved in.

What an amazing dog he is. He's been no problem whatsoever. From the minute he walked in the door, he just made himself at home. Within minutes, he had worked out the couch & my bed were actually his & all of Ronnie's toys were his also. He hasn't counter surfed, stolen food or chewed up anything illegal. The worst thing he's done is destroy a squeaky toy & he's almost killed Ronnie's favourite stuffy toy but we've already decided they were HIS anyway. I don't think Ronnie would be too amused if he knew that so I wont tell him. Him & Ronnie are best buddies but you already know that by the hundreds of photos I've posted of them together. I need to shoot more video. The pics only tell half the story.

Every night when I go to bed, he jumps up with a toy in his mouth. I woke up this morning to find the original toy he took to bed, a ball & one of my shoes on the bed so he had been getting up & down all night hoarding stuff & I never felt anything. He wont leave me out of his sight for a nanosecond. If I'm watching TV & he's asleep on the couch & I leave the room, he's suddenly wide awake & right behind me. He really is a true velcroe dog. He has the personalities of Jo Jo & Holly rolled into one dog. If I'm on the computer & not paying attention to him, he'll come along & bang my arm off the mouse. Holly used to do that when she wanted me to go outside & throw her ball around. I caught myself calling him Jo yesterday because he has his same goofy personality. He's so much like him, it's weird. I wish I had them both together. They would have made an incredible pair.

Best (and most importantly) of all, Ronnie has accepted him as his new best friend. I would never have got him if they weren't compatible with each other. It was really love at first sight.

This is the scene outside the door right now as I'm typing this. Man I love these two!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Aw...bookends. Those two are so sweet. I can't believe it has been a month already. It truly was meant to be, especially since the first meeting with that other dog did not go well. Ronnie really picked Bear, didn't he?

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by georgie View Post
    It truly was meant to be, especially since the first meeting with that other dog did not go well. Ronnie really picked Bear, didn't he?
    He sure did. There was something about that first Lab we saw he just didn't like. Very unusual for him considering how many different dogs he's lived with over the years. Remember this one from the day they first met? You can tell by the smiles on their faces they were a perfect match.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Love how well they get along. What a perfect fit for your household!

joflake is offline Senior Member

I'm so happy for you Garth! You and Ronnie were so lucky to find such a sweet boy and Bear is so lucky too. You have given him a wonderful home and friendship.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Awww, amazing the way they just seem to "fit" sometimes, eh? Thats what it was like when I brought Monster home, he and Baloo were like long lost brothers, so sweet.

I don't know if I ever congratulated you on the adoption of Bear, so congratulations!! You're both so fortunate to have found each other.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Awwww, when it works out like this it was meant to be. I am so happy you found each other, good things come to good people and the dogs we love.

Sedona is offline Senior Member

That is so wonderful. Nothing quite like the love of dogs.

Isn't it great to have a sister

deidra is offline Senior Member

Glad everything is working out! Glad you, Ronnie and bear are all Happy!!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I love your happy ever after story! It makes me so happy when I see pics of the two, knowing it was a perfect match.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast