Flynn is in the dog house
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flynn is in the dog house

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultFlynn is in the dog house

Naughty boy. Very naughty boy. He's been stealing Hope's cat food from the kitchen counter for several months now, but I never catch him in the act. Oh, when I get home and see the spillage all over the counter I know who the bandit is! I pick up her bowl, put it to Flynn's nose and scold, "This is NO! NO!" Lotta good that does.

But this morning I finally caught him in the act. Brazen boy! Didn't even wait until I left the house! I swatted him on his flank quicker than you can blink, grabbed Hope's bowl and scolded, "This is NO! NO!"

Lotta good that did. When I got home this afternoon? Yeah... you guessed it.

Seamus and Flynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I hear ya on that one! LOL! I swear we could put our cat food on the ceiling and Sophie would get into it. We now have to put the bagged food in an airtight plastic bin to keep her out of the bag, and we feed the cats on the back porch banister behind the bbq. She still manages to squeeze back there every once in awhile.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

deidra is offline Senior Member

Used to happen hear to! Finally I gave up and now the cats and dogs are on the same feeding schedule. The dogs eat in one room and the cats in a different one.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Emma is currently the only guilty party in our house but that is only because Maxx can not yet reach it! If Emma started meowing it wouldn't surprise me. We have put a gate in the kitchen doorway and it has cut down on Emma's "snacking" when we aren't home but she thinks nothing of snatching a mouthful when she gets the chance. At least it is not one of the litter boxes she is "snacking" from! Ewwwwww!
    Last edited by tammyhuffman; 11-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Oh wow! I put Midnight's on the counter and so far neither Tal nor Barney has bothered it. But then again, I put the food in the corner so it is kinda far away where they can't reach it! I have to put Midnight's litter box in such a way that Barney cannot get to the door to it because he goes for the cat poop!

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog View Post
    Oh wow! I put Midnight's on the counter and so far neither Tal nor Barney has bothered it. But then again, I put the food in the corner so it is kinda far away where they can't reach it! I have to put Midnight's litter box in such a way that Barney cannot get to the door to it because he goes for the cat poop!
    Oh! Oh! Hope's little stainless steel bowl with the pretty pink rubber rim on the bottom??? As far back on the counter as it can go! Flynnzilla doesn't care! "I'm goin' in!"

On a serious note about this, though, someone mentioned quite a while ago I may need to feed Flynn a different food that is higher in protein from what he is getting now. He's on so much pheno (for his epilepsy) he is RAVENOUS by the time I get home.

What do you guys think about dolloping an egg on top of his morning meal? For protein to keep him feeling full until evening meal?

That thought just came to me... haven't worked it out yet...

Seamus and Flynn

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

Bean hasn't gotten the cat food yet, but he probably could if he tried a little harder. My old Cam would never eat the cat's food, and we kept it on the floor. But... Kitstu the cat would always drink from Cam's water dish, and won't drink from Bean's.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

An egg would probably help, definitely would add some protein. Poor guy, at least he has an excuse for sneaking the kitty food. Can he have a Kong with peanut butter smeared on the inside?

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

With Sophie's allergies we are limited to what she gets as extras/ We do give her eggs...she loves them. We often put scrambled eggs in her kibble. I think the Kong idea is a good one, it will give him snacks while you are gone. I don't think the cat food stealing is due to hunger around here, she just wants it cuz its there.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Cat food on top of the fridge? On second thought you'd probably end up with the cat dish on the floor and an injured Flynn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast