Anyone Familiar With Kodak Easy Share Cameras and Software?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Familiar With Kodak Easy Share Cameras and Software?

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone Familiar With Kodak Easy Share Cameras and Software?

I could sure use some help! We're using a 3 year old Kodak Z710 Easy Share through a docking station to a 5 year old IBM tower running XP. The camera has worked perfectly (several thousand Lab images ) for these past many years ... until today.

I'm hoping that someone here is expert enough that I could give you a call to see if you can talk me through whatever downloading problem we've encountered. Can't pass go ... getting a "Cannot get the device information" error message.

I did try reloading and/or repairing the software using the original install disc but still no good. I can't unplug the memory chip from the camera and plug it directly into the puter as there's no port for the chip. I've tried direct downloading from the camera to the puter through a cord set but the camera isn't being recognized.

Any help would be much appreciated. PM or e-mail me at [email protected]. I'd like to call and see if you can walk me through a fix.

Thanks,

Jim.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy_TX View Post
    . I can't unplug the memory chip from the camera and plug it directly into the puter as there's no port for the chip. I've tried direct downloading from the camera to the puter through a cord set but the camera isn't being recognized.
    I can't help with your problem because I'm not familiar with that camera. Just a thought though, maybe until you work it out, you could take the card out of the camera & get an SD card reader that plugs into the USB port. At least that way, you could get the pics onto the computer.

Another thing you could try is do a system restore on the computer going back 24 hours before the problem started. MAYBE you've had a recent update that's conflicting with the camera software?

I don't know what else to suggest sorry.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Jim you could try asking Sue (Lablover) or Mellissa as they do a lot of photography and always very helpful.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

morla is offline Senior Member

I have a Nikon Coolpix and it works great! I would recommend it to anybody!
    SIMON

GinnyR is offline Senior Member

Jim,

Go to Kodak.com Then search your specific camera in the support section to see if there is a new driver for you to download.
    You can also search a specific problem.

Hope this helps.
    Ginny

Samson is offline Senior Member

Good idea with the driver suggestion ! I had an easy share but that was years ago ! Not even sure that the camera had a detachable memory card though Garth !

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

If all else fails, you can get a card reader pretty cheap, 5 or 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonaZamboni View Post
    If all else fails, you can get a card reader pretty cheap, 5 or 10 bucks.
    Did exactly that this morning when all else failed. Only problem is ... it's now a multi-step process to upload to the puter with the card reader, then save into my documents, open those images with Kodak (where all my preferred editing tools are), then save after a 75% size reduction back into my documents, and finally ... upload to photobucket for web sharing.

Here are a few from yesterdays hunt and this morning's that were done that way. I HAVE to find a better/faster way, I'm 70 freaking years old and time is precious!!!

Thanks to everyone for all of the other suggestions.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Jim, as a followup to the email I sent you. The indication is that the camera interface (in the camera) may be where the failure is. These things have a tendency to cascade when certain failure type occur. Might be your warning to get a new camera.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyK's Dad View Post
    Jim, as a followup to the email I sent you. The indication is that the camera interface (in the camera) may be where the failure is. These things have a tendency to cascade when certain failure type occur. Might be your warning to get a new camera.
    Trouble is, Ed ... Carol did get us a new camera for Christmas last year. It's a Kodak Z-981 w/ AF 26X zoom (26 - 276 mm) Schneider-KREUZNACH lens for crystal clarity at long distance and in-motion pics. However, I'm a creature of habit and I'm so used to the Z-710 that I just dragged my feet on converting over. The new camera does not work with the old Easy Share docking station that I am so accustomed to. But then, I've never seen a Blackberry or any of the I-thingies or even a twitter-dealie.. Somehow I made it through life without them.

I still drive a 2001 F-150 4WD Lariat king cab, a 2006 Jeep Wrangler 6 speed 4WD, and Carol's 2005 Chrysler Town & Country. We paid cash for each, take good care of them and they will last us for some time yet. Our kids keep asking when we will get new vehicles. I always ask why ... the old ones run just fine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast