Laughing Memories!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laughing Memories!

morla is offline Senior Member

DefaultLaughing Memories!

Hi! In this thread post memories of your lab or labs making you laugh until you can laugh no more! LOL!

I remember when Simon was a puppy he was crazy! I was sitting in the grass minding my own business, when the backdoor opens and Simon come running out as fast as his little legs could carry, running straight towards me! I was yelling, Simon! No! He rams into me, nocks me over! I laughed that whole day! There are way more laughing memories, but that's just one! LOL!

Aw. Simon. Simon. Simon.

Simon.

Simon!

LOL!
    SIMON

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Who here at JL can resist laughing when their Lab gets the butt-tuckin' zoomies with a plastic bottle in the mouth.

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

I have many but one of the fondest is when we frest got Gin - we took her in at the age of 10. One evening she had wedged herself between our bed and the wall - there wasn't a lot of room - barely enough for her to walk through. When she decided that she wanted out, she couldn't figure out how to "back-up". My BF and I tried to coax her out hoping that she would figure out that if she walked backwards, she would be able to free herself. Anyway she wasn't figuring it out and proceeded to attempt to turn herself around. We were laughing hysterically because she isn't a small girl, and her butt was smashed up against the bed and half of her upper torso and face was smashed up against the wall, but she slowly managed to turn herself around and walk out of the room. We really probably should have helped her, but it was so funny and I wish I could have caught it on camera. Since then, we have taught her how to back-up and she will now, but very cautiously.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LOL! That would be funny to see!
    SIMON

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I have so many memories.Wellington is hilly and I back down the slightly steep drive with my head turned towards Kassa to use the wall as a guide. She would wait until I got to the bit where I have to turn slightly or I hit the wall, lean over and lick my face from chin to forehead. Each time I would say Eeewwww. Yuck Kassa stop that, and try to miss the tongue.
    One day I decided I am going to be prepared. As I was about to stop and turn my head the other way she leaned over and did it. I got such a fright I hit the wall. I swear she laughed at me, then did it again.

I miss my co driver. Laughing at me when I got lost, sleeping with her head on my knee coming home late at night, or leaning over and eating the ice cream I was enjoying.

ERns and Tess make me laugh too.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

amazongold is offline Senior Member

When Bill first started to travel for work in 2005, I decided to allow Shadow on the bed while he was gone. She had her own blanket that she laid on, and never got up on the bed unless she was invited.

Of course, the first time Bill came home for a weekend, she was not invited up. She stood next to the bed, ears perked, eyes bright, tail wagging, waiting for me to pat the bed and tell her she could get up. She waited for several minutes while Bill and I studiously ignored her, the tail gradually slowing until it was barely moving.

When she didn't get the invitation, she sat down, still watching and waiting, hopefully. Then she sighed quietly. You know that sound - just barely loud enough to get your attention.

Then a louder sigh, like she was saying "Ahem, I am suffering here, didn't you notice?"

After about 10 minutes of these sighs, she finally decided that she was not going to be sleeping on the bed that night. Now she was seriously affronted, and made sure we knew it. Shadow *thudded* down onto the floor, bumping hard against the side of the bed as she went down.

Then she let out a huge sigh and a harrumph: "I am not pleased with you people and don't think I am going to forget this!"

We lay there, trying to hide the giggles, until we just cracked up and laughed out loud. That really hurt her feelings, so Shadow got up and went to her bed in the corner and plopped down, grunting and groaning like it was the most uncomfortable spot in the entire house.

My sweet girl left us April 22, 2007, and remembering that night in 2005 still makes me smile.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

Last night I was doing homework with my book on the left and paper on the right. Cinder was laying on the floor next to my left side. Every time I turned my head to the left you would hear 'thump thump thump' then I'd look to the right and it would be quite. Look to the left, thumping. She's such a sweet girl that even me turning my head her way makes her happy enough to thump her tail. That's love.

Aw! You all have amazing labs, as do I.
    SIMON

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I remember once I had taken Tal and Barney to play fetch at the college where I teach. Somehow, they both got in the front seat. The usual arrangement is Tal rides shotgun and Barney likes to sit in the middle of the backseat. When I told Barney to get in his seat, it was like watching the keystone cops..I just stood there outside the car paughing my head off! And yes, they finnally got arranged!

deidra is offline Senior Member

This morning Bentley ended up taking a shower with me! I thought I had latched the door all teh way and I guess not! I heard it creak open then he jumped right in! I told him to get out and he looked all sad and jumped out. Then i yelled for my mom to shut the door,lol. Last week I was on my laptop and eating and i would look up and Tank would look away. I knew he was staring cuss there was a lot of drool! After about 10 min I heard him lay down with a sigh/groan thing. Then I wold look up and he would be a little closer,a little closer till he was on my feet sighing! Then i looked back away and then I felt my foot getting wetter and wetter! I said ew Tank and he looked at me like "what it is your fault".

With abbye if you didnt give her what she wanted she would "talk" to you. It was a yell/scream thing and you would think she was being abused. My neighbor came over once and asked what the...was goin on,lol. With Snoopy it would be seeing him play with the ferret. I used to have a ferret who thought he was a dog and a dog who thought he was a ferrett! Snoopy looked mean and tough but he was a big teddy bear!
    Last edited by deidra; 11-19-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast