Christmas Ideas?

Thread: Christmas Ideas?

Chi&LabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultChristmas Ideas?

This may sound funny to some people, my mom looks at me like I'm insane...but I'm trying to figure out what to get Skye for Christmas? My mom thinks dogs shouldn't get Christmas gifts...however, my pups are my furkids...and I buy my kids Christmas presents, so why not my furkids? While I don't plan on spending the amount of money on my furkids that I do on my skin kids...I still want something for them under the tree. My two chihuahua's were easy as I felt they should have new crates (they LOVE their crates) so I ordered them and plan to get them a small toy (they each have their preferences), however Skye obviously doesn't need a new crate as I'm pretty sure she prefers to be out of her crate and any way hers is brand new. She doesn't need a new bed, as that's brand new as well. Nor does she need a collar or a leash...I'm looking for ideas for either a special toy for her (though I think that may be hard as she isn't completely out of her shell) or a special treat? I have heard of people giving their dogs antlers, however I don't know where to get them...any ideas would be much appreciated as I don't want our newest addition to be "left out" come Christmas morning. As I said, I know this may sound crazy to some people lol. Go ahead and shake your head, my mom does it every time I buy something for the pups...she thinks they're too spoiled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

My girls always get gifts. Usually a new Kong & Nylabone & a special treat bag. They would get more of a variety except they destuff toys.

deidra is offline Senior Member

My dogs get a bone and then they go with us to christmas parties and usually get left over(not much but people feed them their food!). They also get toys. For bentley tennis balls or kong. Tank gets a stuffed toy usually. Mae gets a toy or a new collar. I have about 30 small dog colars so if you ever need one you know who to go to,lol. The boys are getting new leashes this year as well. The cats are getting new toys and cat treats.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rookyduckling is offline Senior Member

there are places where you can order and buy antlers or if you are lucky like me, you can have your grandsons give them to you after they get their deer

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Even dogs that don't know how to play with toys love to slurp peanutbutter out of a Kong...
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

The way to a lab's heart is definitely through its stomach. Treats are great. (we only buy treats made in Canada or the U.S.) Some winter days it gets quite cold here. I am buying Jack a good pair of winter footwear because somedays his feet get cold in the snow. He lifts his feet up. Most days are not bad but we get cold spells. With no boots it means no walks somedays. Maybe a good jacket as well. If anyone has experience with boots that actually stay on please let me know which ones they are. Jack also likes those bones that he can chew to clean his teeth. They actually work.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Chi&LabLover is offline Senior Member

A kong is definitely a toy I figured I'd buy for her because that's something I can put in her crate with her, however my last lab had issues with peanut butter, it would make him sick, so I am nervous about that lol.

I didn't even think about the fact that dog treats could be made in places other than U.S. and Canada, I mean obviously that makes sense, the thought had just never crossed my mind so that's something for me to look at now too.

And we were looking at jackets on the Cabella's website for her last night

Thank you all for the great ideas!!! She will be one spoiled pup this Christmas and I'm sure my mom will sit back and shake her head lol.

morla is offline Senior Member

Simon always gets a butt load of toys for Christmas! LOL!
    SIMON