FINALLY!!

Thread: FINALLY!!

Chi&LabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultFINALLY!!

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner...My oldest son wanted to go out and play in the leaves today, so we took him and all the dogs out in the backyard. I had bought Skye a "roadkill" toy while we were at walmart this morning and thought of it while I was outside so I came back in the house and grabbed it and took it out. I threw it and she was off. She ran all over the yard chasing that toy!!! Then I remembered I had a few others inside that had been boxed up when we moved, so I unpacked those, also found a "rope ball" that had been Percy's favorite toy, they had boxed that in the move as well. She has been going nuts ever since. She absolutely LOVES that roadkill toy, unfortunately, they aren't very durable, but they are only 3 bucks so I may buy her a few more...the plus side is there is no stuffing for her to rip out, though she kills the squeakers on the first bite lol. It was so nice to see her running around...and she's actually pretty good at the whole go get it and bring it back and drop it. I said drop it and as soon as I did she dropped it, so they must have taught her that before...either that or she's just a VERY smart pup. Brought her back inside and she is pooped. She's now laying on her bed with her head on top of the roadkill toy. Such a nice sight Just thought I'd let everyone know we had that break through.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tismom is offline Senior Member

Excellent news! I'm so glad you found "her" toy.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

morla is offline Senior Member

Yay!
    SIMON

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Fun! Sophie has a Dogzilla toy that has lasted 3 months or longer. She loves it so much! In the round part is a soft ball and it squeeks. She hasn't popped the squeeker or the ball. It is very durable, and it even floats. Got it at Walmart here it is:
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Chi&LabLover is offline Senior Member

Sophiesmama, thank you! I just ordered her one

She definitely has the toy thing down now, and she ripped apart her "roadkill" toy tonight...haha looks like she's finally acting like a typical lab pup. She was running around going nuts after that toy when we got back home and then she ripped the two paws off of it and brought it to me like, "look ma, I made you a present." haha. So nice to see her acting like a pup and enjoying things now

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

That is awesome, seems like each day she feels more and more at home and comfortable.