Anyone with a Dyson Animal?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with a Dyson Animal?

dukesmommy22 is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone with a Dyson Animal?

I have a Hoover Pet Cyclonic vacuum. I got it last year for my bridal shower. It worked fine at first, and is now not picking up the pet hair well at all. The dogs are shedding like crazy now, and with 2 I have much more hair than before! I am looking into getting the Dyson Animal. I've heard great things about Dyson, but wanted to see from fellow lab owners if it picks up pet hair well on your carpets. Thanks in advance!

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

oakley is offline Senior Member

I don't have the Dyson Animal but I have a Dyson and I like it. I just don't like using it! lol

bigbrownsmom is offline Senior Member

I have a Dyson, can't remember which one. It is purple though. I love it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

morla is offline Senior Member

I do not have it. We have just the normal vaccum and it works fine for us. Good luck getting it! Im sure it will work perfectly!
    SIMON

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

I don't have a Dyson Animal, but I have a Dyson and I love it. I try to keep a pretty clean / tidy house but I'm still surprised everytime I vacuum and see the stuff that comes out of the container.

Chi&LabLover is offline Senior Member

We have a Bissel pet vaccum cleaner. I absolutely love it and am amazed at how much hair it picks up. Every time I vaccum (which is weekly) we end up with a full container of hair...have no clue where all this hair comes from, it's almost like it multiplies over night

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

I have a Dyson Animal and love it. It picks up all dog hair. I've had it a little over a year and it still works great. FYI the best price I found was on Amazon.com.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I have the Dyson DC 17 animal (and it's purple, lol!). Bought it 4 yrs ago. It's in the shop currently getting warranty work done, but has been great. They are hard on loop carpets, have to admit that, so beware. Some carpet manufacturers actually void their warranty if you own a Dyson now. Can't believe the amount of DIRT I vaccuum up here w/ 7 labs.....

As for your current vaccuum.... have you tried taking it apart and cleaning it? Chances are very good you just have a plug somewhere. Dog hair will do it!!!

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

dukesmommy22 is offline Senior Member

Hi guys, thanks so much for the advice. Yes, my husband and I took it apart, cleaned everything and rinsed the filter. I just feel it doesn't suction up things like it should. I wouldn't care if I didn't have dogs, but I see so much hair on the carpet AFTER i vacuum. You can't see it from afar because we have tan carpets and yellow labs (shhh!my secret) but I still see a lot of it when I lay on the floor. Oh...don't get me started on emptying the canister...it amazes me every time. I could make a mini lab, and I vacuum usually at least 3 times a week. I'm thinking the dyson is the way to go and the Hoover can go to our camp as an extra one. Thanks again!

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

I have the Dyson Animal DC14, got it many years ago on Ebay,
    saved a couple hundred that way ! I highly recommend it ! I went
    through many many vacs before this one, nothing picks up dog
    hair like this does ! I have three labs so I have lots of dog hair !
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast