Ya wanna get really ticked off????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ya wanna get really ticked off????

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultYa wanna get really ticked off????

~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hbeam is offline Junior Member

what is this silver lab? Is it a mix of some kind?

honeybadger is offline Senior Member

You're right! I really hate it when websites use Comic Sans... it's pretty much the most annoying font other than Papyrus.
    Just kidding.
    I can't believe people actually get away with this, and make money off people who believe it...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

greg is offline Senior Member

Silver is actualy the recessive gene carried by chocolate labs .

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Silver is actualy the recessive gene carried by chocolate labs .
    um no, the breed does not carry this particular recessive genes (or it is not active in any way).

Silver suddenly occurred in a kennel that had both labs and weimaraners years back. It had never been seen before. At this point they may be "technically" labs is a genetic test were given but this is not a colour that had been naturally occurring in labs nor is it an acceptable colour. therefore anyone breeding for this colour is NOT looking for the betterment of the breed, these dogs do not compete in conformation and I think one silver lab has any title (and I forget what it is) - they are breeding for colour alone not overall temperament and build.

this is a great link with information from someone that actually did research on the topic.:

Information on silver Labradors
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Chi&LabLover is offline Senior Member

I found this site not long ago when I was searching for information on silver labs. I had never heard of a silver lab until I joined this site. When I was researching it I found two different positions. I found a letter from someone with the AKC stating they would consider silver labs to still be purebred and would register them as such, registering them under the chocolate color. The letter stated at this time they weren't sure how silver came into the breed. Then I found another site that said silver was the recessive gene carried by some chocolate labs and that the only way to produce silver labs were of two chocolates carrying this gene. And then I found yet another link that said there were silver labs in existence because somewhere back in the breeds history they had been bred with a weim. Very interesting. I'm not sure which is the case...all I know is...I prefer the yellow's, chocolate's and black labs...but to each their own

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

In the scope of things in the world that really piss me off - that is very low on the list. I really don't know why we have to constantly beg trouble from people who have or like s*lver dogs. This topic has been beaten to death on this board. Enough already.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

silverbyrd21 is offline Senior Member

They are very pretty though!
    Rachel mama to,

Skylar - Husky/Shiba Inu - May '03
    Molly - DSH blk and white feline - April '04
    Cali - Norwigien Forrest Cat - February '05
    Courtney - Human Child - October '06
    Sookie - DLH Dilute Calico feline - August '09
    Liberty "Libby" - yellow lab - March '11

jen124 is offline Senior Member

Ok ~ color aside ~ you can buy a puppy by clicking "buy now" and check out with paypal??????!!!!!!!! Very careful screening done there on potential homes..... ugh!
    Jen and the crew!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chi&LabLover View Post
    I found this site not long ago when I was searching for information on silver labs. I had never heard of a silver lab until I joined this site. When I was researching it I found two different positions. I found a letter from someone with the AKC stating they would consider silver labs to still be purebred and would register them as such, registering them under the chocolate color. The letter stated at this time they weren't sure how silver came into the breed.
    I have NEVER heard of such letter - but would like to be better informed, are you able to find this letter again?

The AKC does not dictate breed standard, so they would not have a positition either way (they are a registry - therefore not really a knowledgable body for this type of question). The Labrador club of America is teh one that dictates the standard for the breed. Their positition the silver lab:
    Silver - The Labrador Retriever Club, Inc.
    SILVER LABRADORS

There is no genetic basis for the silver gene in Labradors. The silver color is a disqualification under the Standard for the breed. The LRC does not recognize, accept or condone the sale or advertising of any Labrador as a silver Labrador. The Club opposes the practice of registering silver as chocolate
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast